Chapter 15.

❀Chanel's POV❀

Month One|| Day 25

The doctor finally let me go home. My hair had fallen out quite a bit from the chemo, only leaving a few strands so I asked my mother to shave it all off. She was hesitant about it at first but she agreed. I've been spending the last couple of days wearing a beanie which I don't mind at all. Chloe is the most beautiful child I've ever seen. I honestly don't know how Ryan managed to hide her from us for so long. Him and Alyssa are back together and I don't think he's ever been more in love. Jordan and Jasmine have offered great support as my best friends. They even offered to take me wig shopping but I declined. And Sean. He's still as perfect as ever. I love him so much but I'm scared for him. How will he cope with me dying? I'm glad he's with me through this and he's extremely brave for it but I'm just scared. Mom and Dad don't speak as much. They're always tired. They go to work, come home, check on me, make dinner, check on me, put Kylie to bed, check on me, and I hardly see them sleep. It hurts to see my family fall apart like this all because of me you know? Well until next time I guess.

I closed the small journal and turned it over in my hands as I studied the small drawings covering it. Pictures of Disney characters and mermaid drawings and small Polaroid pictures were all neatly arranged on the front and back of the book. I set it down with the pen on my small nightstand and sighed as I laid back against my pillows. I stared up at the ceiling and counted to 300.

My door opened at 237.

Sean's stepped in and walked over to me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. "Come on, it's time to go," he remarked casually like we had planned this.

"Where are we going?" I questioned curiously. He just looked at me and pulled me out the door. I laughed softly as my eyes wandered towards his butt.

It was very compact.

"What's so funny?" he asked. We had reached the front door and were walking outside as I continued laughing.

"Oh nothing, nothing."

He smirked and kept walking all the way to his car, our hands still intertwined. I began walking at the same pace next to him so it didn't seem like he was dragging me along. We got into his car and buckled in.

"So where are we going? I asked a second time. He glanced at me and smiled wide. I raised an eyebrow wondering what he could possibly be up to.

"Well you'll just have to find out."

_________

He parked the car at a beach and I gave him a crazy look. He burst out laughing and told me to get out of the car. I sighed and stepped out of the car as the light ocean breeze hit my face. Sean stepped out as well and we got close to the water when I saw two horses being held by a small man in his late 50's.

I looked at Sean and then back at the horses then back at Sean again. A smile crept across my face and I couldn't hold back my excitement anymore.

"YOU ARE JOKING?" I basically yelled. Sean chuckled and grabbed my hand as we approached the horses and the small man.

"Thanks Steve," Sean said as he motioned to the small man. The small man smiled in response and handed Sean the reins as he walked off.

I gaped at the beautiful horses as their thick manes blew in the wind. One horse being a honey brown with a blond mane and the other being a midnight black with a black mane. They were both neatly dressed with dark saddles.