Chapter 16

Before I begin I just wanted to say thank you to whoever made this cover it's so beautiful. I was meaning to dedicate it to you so if you made it, please comment and let me know!

BTW PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!

❀Chanel's POV❀

Month 2 | Day 4

Hello again. The doctors say the cancers getting better. It's starting to go away basically sums it up so they're thinking of putting me into remission. Of course there's always a catch to everything though. My hearts beginning to fail. I don't know why and I don't know how but this is becoming too much...

❀Ryan's POV❀

My heart's racing through my mind. The doctors' broke the news that Chanel's heart is now currently failing.

I just don't understand. She hasn't had cancer that long and right when it's about to go away, her heart starts failing? They say the chemo was too much for her.

I grabbed a pair of shoes to slip on so I could visit Chloe. She's gotten a lot bigger from when she was first born. My biggest fear for Chloe was her having insecurities as she got even older. I still remember how insecurities left Alicia after we'd broken up and I don't want anything like that to become of my daughter.

(Flashback) Ryan's 15

I brushed off the dirt covering my baseball pants before stepping into Alicia's house as my mom instructed before she dropped me off for a date night with my dad.

Slipping my cleats off, I knocked on the  front door waiting for Alicia to open the door. After about 3 knocks I'd figured she fell asleep. Her parents were gone for the weekend so I grabbed the spare key under the mat. I slowly stepped inside and yelled for Alicia. I wanted to speak to her and let her know I didn't mean what I said about not being apart of the pregnancy.

I was waiting for a response when I heard a small thud. Panic rushed through me as I grabbed my phone in case someone had broken into my house. I ran towards Alicia's room and pushed the door open slowly. I saw no sign of her inside of her room or her light pink bathroom.

Fear ran through my body as I only thought of the worst possible circumstances that could be happening to my other half.  The familiar sounds of sniffles were coming from her closet. I ran over and yanked the door open, a sudden metallic smell hitting my nose. It was dark so I switched on the light. The sight in front of me was horrifying and I couldn't help but feel like vomiting.

Alicia was surrounded by pills strewn across her closet floor. An empty prescription bottle was slightly visible under an old jacket. I felt tears come to my eyes as Alicia looked at me hazily, hair strewn merrily around her neck. But what I saw next, made me fall to my knees.

I pulled a loose shirt from the floor and wrapped it around Alicia's blood covered arm. I looked up into her eyes and the only question I could think of was, why? Her eyes bore into mine but it wasn't her staring back at me, her eyes were glassed over with who she had been pretending to be. Her body began to tilt and I pushed her back up before she could fall forward.

"Alicia come on. I need you baby. Please don't leave me now." Her eyes began to close. Tears began falling from my eyes as I grabbed my phone, dialing 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Please you have to come," I stuttered to say, "My ex gi-. It's my girlfriend. She's losing blood.. ah man she's losing a lot of blood, she's losing too much." I began frantically shaking my head and sobbing. "She's not awake anymore! Please hurry!" I choked out hurriedly.