six

friday night

fine, maybe jimin was right about taehyung's lack of experience in clubs because he highkey has no idea as to what he's so supposed to do now, it's just been too long since the last time he went out to party and the whole concept of drink, dance, get laid is already a little rusty in his brain.

(no, jimin was definitely right because there's already someone pressed up against his back a little too close for comfort and he's lowkey freaking out but no way in hell he's ever letting that short, vile man know about that)

taehyung squeezes his way through the crowd and towards the bar– it looks nice, very aesthetically pleasing, neon lights decorating the counter and the wall behind the bartender, who currently prepares drinks that seem lethal considering their unusual colors, ranging from yellowish hues to bright pink.

he takes a seat on one of the stools, tapping his fingertips against the cool marble of the counter in the rhythm of the song playing in the background, some funky remix of lu by luhan (and successfully resists the urge to shout blow it like a flute at the top of his lungs)

"your strongest drink, for all that is holy and sacred in this world", he says, squinting his eyes as if he's challenging the person before him.

the blonde looks over his shoulder and spots jeongguk approaching him– having a harder time while making his way through the sweaty, dancing bodies gathered on the dance floor than he did, his broad frame probably not helping in the least. "make it two, yeah?"

the bartender nods, apathetic look on their face, "will do", and turns around to pick one out of the several bottles on the shelves behind them to prepare taehyung's order.

"hey", jeongguk braces himself against the counter, breath coming out in short pants, "did i miss something? am not used to this much people anymore, i feel like a fucking sardine."

"same and nah, just jimin and his posse abandoning us", he heaves out a defeated sigh, "hope he isn't having some i dunno, dance battle and didn't invite me, my whip has improved drastically over the past few months."

jeongguk smiles and if that isn't the most endearing thing he's seen ever since they walked inside this cramped cage, he doesn't know what is. "it must have", he agrees, raises an eyebrow cockily, "but i'd still win."

a lopsided grin plays on taehyung's lips, "how are you so sure about that?"

"'cause whenever you do the slightest movement you almost trip on your own feet so yeah, fight me on this."

the bartender soon finishes mixing whatever they thought was suitable for taehyung's vague order, sliding two shot glasses with some sketchy purple liquid over to the two while the blonde attempts to think about some epic comeback to jeongguk's affirmation, thanking the barkeeper nonetheless.

gives up though, getting hammered seems much more interesting at the moment.

he brings the glass to his lips and with a shout of bottoms up! he drinks all of its contents in one go, relishing in the way the alcohol leaves this burning sensation along his throat has a shiver coursing down his spine.

taehyung grins in triumph as he watches how jeongguk's face scrunches up in something akin to disgust as he downs his own, slaps the side of his arm (his fucking bicep though, holy shit)

"such a lightweight, jeongguk-ah", he chuckles, giving him that knowing look as if to say you're a fucking softie.

jeongguk huffs, "am not, fuck off."