SEVEN.

SEVEN ; PALO ALTO

SEVEN ; PALO ALTO.

"Garcia isn't going to like this," JJ whispered to Reid as the two led Quinn Carson to their technical analyst's office. "You know how she gets around murderers."

Spencer glanced in JJ's direction but didn't make eye contact. "Quinn didn't kill anyone."

"That we know of," JJ commented. "I know you trust her, but Spence, I'm not so sure."

"Garcia was a criminal at first," Spencer countered.

"Yes, but she was doing minor, illegal hacking, not killing people," she shot back.

A voice spoke up softly, "I promise I haven't hurt anyone." JJ's head whipped back to meet Quinn's gaze. Quinn gave her an awkward, uneasy smile. "I'm only deaf in my left ear," she told her, trying to seem lackadaisical about listening in on a private conversation.

The blonde didn't respond, gaze focusing on the room in front of her where Morgan was speaking with Garcia about the plan. "We're going to have someone with you the entire time," he said.

"Morgan I don't-"

"Baby Girl, you'll be fine," Morgan replied, shaking his head. "She's not one of them-"

"She's apart of a group of people who kill people!" Garcia hissed. "I'm going to be working with a killer-" Garcia silenced herself with the palm of her hand, eyes widening as she saw JJ, Spencer and Quinn in the doorway. She caught Quinn's gaze, both women going red in embarrassment. Garcia, embarrassed for being caught. Quinn, embarrassed for who she was. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry-"

"D-Don't be," Quinn stammered, shrugging her shoulders. "I completely understand."

To be as successful at picking out lies as she was, Quinn had to be able to read others emotions. She saw a hint of guilt, anxiousness, and restlessness written on Garcia's face. Quinn gave the technical analyst a friendly nod, attempting to lower the level of awkwardness in the room.

Morgan pointed at Quinn. "You're going to tell her everything," he ordered, eyes never leaving hers. "All the possible reasons for their recent actions, everything you can muster up in that big brain of yours." He then turned to Garcia. "We're going to be right here the entire time. Everything's going to be alright."

"Okay," Garcia agreed while nodding. Quinn bit the inside of her cheek, following as Morgan guided her to a seat next to Garcia's.

"Let's get to work," Hotch said, watching from the doorframe.

Quinn nodded before inhaling deeply. "Have you happened to come across anything about Lawrence's father?"

Penelope Garcia shook her head. "Unfortunately n-not," she replied, tapping the keys on her computer. "And I've got nothing for Masters or Nelson either."