THIRTY.

THIRTY ; BEATRICE AND ANDREW

It was in situations such as this one that Quinn Carson wished she wasn't so timid.

It wasn't that she was afraid of Joseph Lawrence. The more she thought it through, the less she feared him. She knew exactly what he could do to her. He wasn't going to kill her. He wouldn't. He was playing a chess game with the BAU and she was his King.

She wasn't afraid of death either. Death happened, it was natural. She only feared the things she would miss while she was gone.

What she was afraid of however, was the unknown. She turned her cheek at the uncertain. She flinched at the obscure. She did everything in her power to be aware of every situation she was in.

In this situation, Quinn didn't know where she was. She didn't know if her team was looking for her. She didn't know what Lawrence's next move would be.

Quinn Carson didn't like not knowing. She feared it, actually.

So, as Quinn sat strapped to a chair in a pitch black room, she was left alone with her fear. The dark room spoke her, the incessant taunting of silence ringing in her ears. She could hear the quiet whisper to her, sneering words of mockery, teasing the chance that fate would let Joseph Lawrence appear before her. Just because she didn't fear him, it didn't mean that she wanted to see him.

She had attempted to see through the dark- a task she had evaluated as useless. The only detail she knew about the room she was in was that it was large. The walls weren't anywhere near her. The room echoed. Quinn suspected an industrial building of some sort. Maybe an abandoned hall.

It was warm, too.

A door in the corner of the room screamed as it opened. By the sound that it made, Quinn was able to eliminate a hall. An industrial building was the most likely choice.

Her suspicions were denied as Lawrence flipped a switch. The lights powered on above her, flickering dimly above her. The white light looked nearly green as it reflected off the ceiling.

Quinn widened her eyes. She was in a train car.

Lawrence's shoes clicked against the cement as he neared her. His ever-present smirk twisted his lips, dark eyes meeting hers. "It is nice to see that you're up," he said, voice almost in a sing-song tone. "I was starting to think that I had killed you."

"Wouldn't have been a first for you," Quinn muttered.

The man almost laughed. "I can't say that I was actually expecting a response from you," he mocked. Lawrence looked her critically, eyes narrowing as he seemed to evaluate her. "You've changed, haven't you, Quinn?" She stiffened. He grinned. "So sad I'll have to change you back."