NINETEEN.

NINETEEN ; ATTACHMENT IS DANGEROUS

We beat bomb squad. Morgan and I are going to have to disable it.

Hotch locked his phone, letting a sigh pass through his lips as he received the text from Reid. His eyes went to Quinn who sat at the head of the table with a pen in one hand, staring at records that Garcia had sent over. Her other hand was resting on the table, her finger unconsciously tapping out the one-two-one beat that they all knew so well. That was the only tell Quinn Carson had. The tapping calmed her nerves.

Hotch turned away from her. Quinn had gotten attached to the team quickly; that much was obvious. Aaron was very good at reading people. He knew when they were comfortable, when they were nervous, when they cared about someone. Both Reid and Morgan had become large parts of her new life, and Hotch was able to tell that Quinn was nervous that she was going to have yet another person stripped away from her. He didn't have the heart to tell her that Derek and Spencer now had to dismantle a bomb that they may have been unfamiliar with.

Kate, JJ and Rossi both exchanged a glance with Hotch. They too had gotten the text and they each now began to worry. JJ saw Quinn glance up at them. Spencer had sent the message to everyone but the girl. He did that for a reason. They couldn't tell her. Spencer didn't want her to worry.

They had all noticed the increasing concern that Quinn had for them, and had noticed that they reciprocated the worry. She was slowly becoming apart of their family and everyone had realized it. They also noticed the growing concern that she had for Spencer.

This concern was different though. They had watched the two of them become fast friends. They complimented one another; they each brought the other out of their shell and helped the each other become more comfortable with who they were. JJ even remembered Spencer telling her that, although they knew each other for only a short amount of time, he considered Quinn to be one of his best friends.

But the group noticed that the affection that Quinn had for the team members wasn't the same as she had for Spencer, and vice versa. They seemed to care about each other a lot, Spencer often doing things to make Quinn smile, Quinn going out of her way to make sure that Spencer was happy. Whether or not the two realized it, there was a deeper connection there. A connection that no one else had with each other on the team.

Phones vibrated. This time, all five phones received a message that was from Spencer, telling them that although they did have to disarm the bomb, Morgan had done it, and everyone was okay.

A sigh of relief came from the entire room. They were safe. Quinn smiled to herself, feeling a bit lighter now. The tapping ceased, her mind now able to completely focus on the work before her.

-----

As Hotch, Rossi, Kate and JJ gave the profile to the officers of the Indianapolis station, Spencer and Derek entered the building, each with a smile on their face. Though they knew that they had limited time to figure out what was going on in this city, they couldn't help but revel in the fact that they were alive. This brush with death had finally hit both agents and they were thankful they had the night to recuperate.