Chapter 3

Three days passed without any sign of the neighbors. Frank's heart went out to Marlene and Benny Scott, but he had his own fears and concerns to deal with. Had he believed the mother and child were being physically abused, then yes, he would have been compelled to take action. At worst, he took Randall Scott to be a man of little patience who threw his weight around. Frank had his doubts that the man actually abused his family.

Or is that simply what you want to believe, so you don't have to make their business your business?

As a psychiatrist, Frank didn't have the luxury of fooling himself as easily as the typical person. It was ingrained in him to dig deeper, root out the source of one's thoughts and actions. And he was no exception. Maybe his thoughts about Randall Scott were simply to placate himself, free him from the guilt of looking the other way while innocent people were mistreated.

His face tightened, and he shoved the paint scraper a little too hard, gouging into the wood beneath the faded wallpaper. "Fuck." He exhaled and tossed the tool on the floor and rubbed his face. A few feet away, Alec was peeling off the cracked and curled wallpaper. He paused and looked at Frank.

"Doc?"

Frank released another stiff breath and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry," he mumbled and glanced at the boy. He raked his fingers through his hair. "Guess the heat is making me irritable." He dragged the back of his hand across his damp, heated brow. "What do you say we take a break, shower, then drive into town and see if we can find us a nice, soft mattress." He moved closer to Alec and smiled. "I'm really not keen on getting impaled by a spring on that old mattress." He kissed Alec. "Something tells me it wouldn't feel nearly as good as when you impale me."

Slipping his hands under Frank's shirt, Alec informed, "Nothing will ever feel that good."

Frank chuckled. "You got that right." He brushed his lips over Alec's mouth then down his neck. "How about that shower?"

Their clothes littered the hallway moments later, leading a path to the bathroom. Beneath a lukewarm spray, Frank lifted Alec against the shower wall and the boy wrapped his lean thighs around him, his muscles hot from the summer heat. A single thrust impaled Alec on his cock. The young man gouged his nails into Franks skin, gripping his back, and used the wall for leverage to pump himself up and down on Frank's thick, hard shaft.

Frank pinned him to the wall and fucked him urgently, his newly forming fears and frustrations fueling his hunger and passion. Alec clung to him; panting and moaning and begging to be fucked harder. His heightened emotions jacking up his body, Frank grunted and cried out loud as he slammed his cock into Alec and came hard, hips jerking and shoving himself in deeper. He ground in as far as he could go, legs straining as he held himself deep inside the boy, pumping him full.

"Uh!" he gasped sharply, air exploding up his throat. He sagged against Alec then slowly sank to his knees before him. The young man's cock was granite, and Frank took it in his mouth, sucking and moaning. Alec shuddered and groaned and rocked his dick into Frank's throat until he was panting and gasping and shooting ropes of come across the back of Frank's tongue.

"Mmm..." Alec sank against the wall, breath heavy and quick. He combed his fingers through Frank's wet hair, playing with the damp strands. "You suck cock real good, Doc," he panted. "Fuck good, too."

Rising up, Frank slid his arms around Alec's wet, heated body and kissed him long and deep. "I like how you do what you do..." he kissed the tip of Alec's nose and smiled. "Too."

It was a thirty-minute drive from Frank and Alec's home to town. As they crossed into city limits, they passed a faded wooden sign that read; Welcome to Coldbrook, pop. 1001. Rolling into town, Frank felt conspicuous cruising down main street in the deep maroon Chevrolet Suburban, the sunlight glinting off the pristine paint job. It wasn't a fancy rig when one was traveling the streets of Chicago or New York City, but out here in backwoods nowhere town amidst the old pickup trucks and 80's and 90's model cars, it stood out like a sore thumb. Frank didn't want to stand out. In fact, he wanted to fade into the background and live a quiet, peaceful life with Alec. Hence the move to the boondocks.