Chapter 14

Frank sat naked in the center of the bed, Alec in his lap and legs wrapped around Frank's body. He stroked his fingers through Frank's hair, his strands damp from their previous lovemaking.

"I want to show you something," Alec whispered. "In here." He touched his lips to Frank's heated brow. "Do you trust me?"

Tremor rushed through Frank. "Yes." He held the boy against him. "What about Zeke?"

"Zeke is asleep," Alec said. "He'll stay asleep." He trailed his fingertips down Frank's face and brushed his lips over his mouth. "Close your eyes, Doc...and kiss me."

Frank's eyes drifted close, and he kissed the boy, his lips parting as Alec's soft tongue slid into his mouth—then a rush of intoxicating heat...consuming...

♦ ♦

Darkness surrounded Frank—live and pulsating—so thick is seemed to fill up his lungs, impair his breathing. For a brief moment, panic started to surge through him, then suddenly a hand was grasping his.

"Relax," Alec whispered. "You're safe, Doc. Open your eyes."

Frank hadn't realized his eyes were still closed. When he looked, the darkness dissipated and Alec was standing beside him. He glanced around anxiously. A long, narrow hall stretched away in both directions, seemingly endless. And doors—so many doors. "Where are we, Alec?" he trembled and squeezed the boy's hand, clinging to him.

"Your mind." He motioned toward the doors. "These are your memories and..." he led Frank to the door directly across from them. "...your fantasies."

A small padlock secured the door.

Frank swallowed, unnerved. "What's...what's in there?"

"A fantasy," Alec said. "A dream you've been dreaming since the day we went to town. A dream you lock away because it makes you feel bad...and sad."

"Why does it make me feel that way?" Frank whispered thickly.

"Because you think you're betraying me."

Frank shuddered. "Am I?"

"No," Alec murmured. "And you would know that, but your guilt pulls you away before the dream is over." He touched Frank's face. "You need to finish the dream, Doc. Tonight."

Alec touched the padlock, and it fell away, disintegrating. The door swung open slowly, and Frank stood back, afraid to look inside. Alec urged him forward, and when he first peered into the room, there was nothing—a void space. Then images began to form; a large, four-poster bed of dark mahogany with white satin linen. Matching drapes billowed softly over open windows, and a deep mahogany carpet blanketed the floor. The room was shadowed, lit only by candlelight.

"Go...." Alec motioned him inside but remained at the door. "Don't be afraid to dream."

Frank ventured in with uncertainty. As he approached the bed, a figure formed beneath the satin sheet and slowly turned over to face him. His heart trembled in his chest; Dennis Hawkins. The sleek covering accentuated the man's nude body beneath...his strong arousal. Frank hesitated and looked back. The door was closed. Alec was gone.

A warm breeze drifted in from the night outside, wafted sensually against Frank's skin. His bare skin. He looked down to find himself naked...and erect.

Dennis folded back the sheet, inviting Frank into bed. The man's eyes emanated passion and desire and want, and Frank was helpless against it as he moved slowly forward and slipped between the cool, satin sheets. Dennis didn't speak as his arm curled around Frank's body and drew him up against him. His fingertips caressed lightly over Frank's skin, trailing down over the swell of his firm ass. Frank trembled, shivers rippling through him. A steady throb pulsed in his member, hardening and stretching his shaft.