Chapter 1

The locker next to Niall slammed shut with a bang. He didn't even have to turn around to see the face of the intruder. The tattoos on his tanned arm were a dead giveaway. The blonde refused to turn around though, feeling himself cowering a bit in fright even though he was trying hard to maintain a calm demeanor especially in the hallways.

"Aw kitten, are you scared of me?" The mocking tone in that familiar voice made shivers run down Niall's spine. He hadn't told Liam about what all had happened a week before and in all honesty, Niall was hoping that this was just some cruel joke being played by Zayn Malik, he was secretly praying that Zayn would be that character in romance novels who is always misinterpreted. The one who is tough on the outside but soft on the inside but now, he could see all his fantasies crashing the instant his eyes made contact with those hazel ones.

"Don't fuck with me Malik." Niall hissed, shoving his bag-pack inside the lockers and slamming them shut with an equally harsh voice. He wasn't mentally or physically prepared to deal with Zayn fucking Malik. The boy was such a thick head, as far as the blonde knew. He was aware of Zayn's fuckboy ways, the frequent girlfriends and his habits of insulting the teacher and skipping classes way too much. It was a miracle that Zayn was still studying in the school with them.

"You know kitten, the more you talk to me like that, the more tempted I feel about disclosing your secrets to the Principal." Niall could feel the smirk radiating from Zayn's face without even glancing in his direction. He continued to walk ahead, stopping only when they had reached outside the library. Niall huffed, wondering what his reply should be. He had given the topic much thought and consideration. What will he get out of being Zayn's boyfriend? Sure his secret won't be disclosed but there must be a reason why Zayn was demanding this of him. Niall shuddered just thinking about playing as Zayn Malik's boyfriend. The man was, as rumor had it around school, a beast in bed.

Niall's eyes widened at the direction in which his thoughts were going. "I won't end up in bed with him." He whispered to himself, walking inside the library, rolling his eyes when he heard the footsteps following behind him.

The blonde quickened up his pace, not daring to turn around. Zayn didn't deserve his attention, even a single bit of it. He was a blackmailing fucktard. Why would Niall even want to be in his presence? Or even play boyfriend with him? He would much rather stay focused on his books, and his late night parties. Those were Niall's way of life. Sure, he did some drugs every now and then but in his defense, the moment Zayn had caught him, it had been entirely Liam's fault. Niall always made sure to keep the drugs out of his life in school and home. He only ever did it when Liam forced him too, begged on his knees to because apparently, his best friend felt that drugged Niall was the best Niall to be around with. Even more than drunk Niall.

"I think you should leave Zayn. This is a library, it's not made for the likes of you." Niall trailed his fingers on the delicate covers of the books. He needed some reference material for the recent science test they were all supposed to be giving. And as far as he knew, Zayn was once again going to skip the test. He always did.

Just as Niall got ready to turn around, a hand placed itself right next to his head, trapping him against the book shelves. Niall could feel his breath hitching in fear and surprise when he noticed those brown eyes staring at him with such anger and animosity, that if looks could kill, Niall would surely be ten feet under by now.

Zayn moved around a little, pressing himself further into Niall's petite frame. His hands were on either side of the blonde's face and he could feel the faint smell of cherry radiating off the blonde. It was an intoxicating pleasant smell. His eyes raked over the blonde's choice of clothes. A simple blue t-shirt and black skinny jeans ripped on the thighs and knees. It was pretty simple but somehow, Niall still managed to look absolutely adorable in them. He looked like a kitten, a ferocious kitten, wearing human clothes.