Chapter 4

Niall shivered uncomfortably under the stare and glare of his classmates. It was as if just by coming to school with Zayn Malik in tow, hands entwined together, was enough to label him as an outcast. He bit his lips, trying to prevent his cry of horror and despair from seeking out.

Walking over to his seat, which was placed directly in the center of the classroom, just the way he liked it, Niall thought about the countless reasons why he should hate Zayn Malik. He was being forced into a relationship with a person he didn't even like or respect, but there was something about Zayn that just sent a huge army of butterflies floating in his stomach. Maybe it was the eyes, or maybe the hair, maybe Niall had some kink for tattoos or maybe it was the piercings Zayn had. There had to be something about the way he looked because Niall was certain that Zayn's personality was the worst thing he'd ever witnessed.

He sighed, ruffling his hair a bit, trying to keep his gaze away from the staring classmates. He could hear them whispering among themselves and Niall just sent a silent prayer to the god's above for the teacher to arrive soon. He didn't even get what the big deal was. So him and Zayn were "dating", what's the big deal about that?

"I heard about you and Malik, what's that about?" Niall turned around to face the owner of the extremely feminine voice. He smiled a little when seeing Kylie sitting on the table, blowing on her chewing gum while staring at Niall in a mixture of curiosity and amusement.

"It's a big story but I don't understand why people are making a big deal out of it," The blonde answered, fiddling with his fingers under the table. All his life he had been the person people looked up to, he was never the butt of the joke and never the one who was bullied by seniors. He was just loved by everyone and for people to suddenly become a bit distant from him, was getting to him .

"Because you've caught Zayn Malik. Countless girls would die to get him into a relationship and have that cliche taming the bad boy moment." Kylie rolled her eyes, propping down from the table when she noticed the teacher approaching. She let out a low whistle upon noticing the tanned man following behind the teacher who looked slightly annoyed, he had his hands shoved inside his jeans pocket and his gold chain was shining a bit too brightly because of the sunlight reflecting from it. She turned around to glance at Niall, smiling to herself when she noticed the blonde glaring at his very own boyfriend. "Looks like lover boy couldn't stay away."

"Shut it Ky." Niall hissed, not daring to turn around to even stare at the girl who was openly smirking at him. Instead, he focused all his attention on staring at Zayn Malik. What was he thinking of by attending classes so suddenly? Niall didn't get the boy at all. And when Zayn turned around, staring directly at Niall's blue eyes,the blonde took a sharp intake of breath, trying to calm himself down so he wouldn't punch Zayn in public. That would be embarrassing and Niall was sure he would break his hand in the process.

The blonde turned his attention towards his books, trying to focus on reading them a little just so he wouldn't keep on staring at Zayn. The man was too much for him to deal with and he wasn't going to act like a love-struck school girl by just staring and thinking about him. Zayn didn't deserve his attention. He was a blackmailing and lying scoundrel.

"Move." The gruff voice made the blonde clench his fists by his side, he could hear some shuffling on the other end and soon, it was Zayn plopping down on the seat right next to Niall. The Irishman kept his gaze lowered, wanting nothing more than to go home and just bury his face into the familiar quilt, with Nicki Minaj playing in the background. But the rational part of his brain knew that doing that would mean answering his parents and that was one thing Niall wanted to avoid at all cost. It wasn't that he didn't get along with them. He just didn't like how they always expected the most of him while Greg was left all alone, with no fretting mother always inquiring about his grades and a strict father scolding him for just not tying his shoe laces right.