Chapter 21

"What an absolute bitch!" Kendall yelled, causing Niall to reach to the other side and clasp his palm around the girl's loud mouth. He had just narrated the entire conversation that took place between him and Kehlani to Kendall, Kylie and Liam, causing all of them to look completely outraged and furious with Zayn's fiance. 

"Lower down your voice tigress. I don't want everyone to know that she scared the hell out of me." Niall chuckled, trying to hide the way he actually felt. It wasn't as if he was intimidated by Kehlani but rather the words she had spoken that affected him. Zayn was, actually,a player. He was well known for that reputation of his and what was Niall expected to make of the fact that despite having a perfectly gorgeous fiance, he was still trying to get it on with Niall.

"I can't believe she would say something like that to you but I do agree with her. Zayn definitely isn't the perfect boyfriend in the world. He should have informed you before that he was engaged to someone else and he really shouldn't have asked you out when he has a fiance."  Kylie spoke out, her fingers clenching into a fist as she tried to make her best friend see the reality. Niall was a smart kid, he knew when he should step back and when he was needed to interfere but right now, he looked like he really needed some advice. Damn Zayn Malik for fucking up with people's emotions like that. 

"I'm just going to talk to him once. Ask him to either give me all the answers that I need or to just let go of me. He knows how I feel about him. I just hope he respects my feelings," Niall sighed, slumping back on his seat in the cafeteria. He had somehow managed to bring himself to skip the next few lessons after his brief outrun into his boyfriend's fiance and now, he was ready to have a proper conversation with Zayn. All he needed were some answers. 

The loud ring of the bell brought all conversations to a halt and from the corner of his eyes Niall observed Zayn stand up from the table he had chosen in the further corner of the cafeteria with Kehlani right beside him. He had to admit - with incredible pain in his heart - that they made a gorgeous couple. Zayn looked beautiful like always with his black leather jacket hiding his simple blue shirt from view and Kehlani looked like a fucking ramp model right next to him. They were the definition of perfection and suddenly, Niall wasn't so sure about his plan to converse with Zayn about their "relationship." What was the point anyways? Clearly Zayn already had his entire future planned in front of him. He had a gorgeous girl by his side rather than a confused and easily tempered fake blonde dude with too many freckles running down his face and covering even his neck. 

Swallowing up the tears that were welling up inside his throat, choking him, Niall somehow willed himself to turn away and walk towards the lockers, waiting for the moment when he would be able to meet Zayn alone. He had no clue what he was going to say simply because there was too much to be asked and spoken. He knew that it was a tough chance that Zayn felt the same way towards him but he just hoped, against hope, that Zayn would be sincere enough to not take advantage of his feelings. 

Once the hallway had cleared from any sight of lingering students after the warning bell had been rung, Niall quickly walked towards Zayn's retreating form. He thanked the heavens above that Kehlani was nowhere to be seen, probably having gone to her class instead of clinging onto Zayn's arms. 

But she has all the rights to cling onto him. You don't. 

The blonde quickly quietened the sarcastic voice of his conscious down, turning his attention towards the raven haired male. He took a deep breath, bracing himself for every wave of emotions that was crashing inside his heart before parting his lips to speak. 

"Zayn.." he paused for a second, watching with a slight gasp when those hazel eyes with golden specs around them turned around and stared deeply into his blue ones. "Can we talk?"