Chapter 5

Evening invaded my day now and it was dark, pitch black to be more precise. I was walking down the pavement with a bag full of milk and bread which dug into my wrist. It was winter now so darkness appeared earlier than usual. To my luck, one dark alley wasn’t an obstacle to walk through to get home. As I was getting closer, I could hear shouting and heavy breathing. No matter how hard I told myself, I couldn’t carry on walking. I froze and tried to listen to the people in the ally. “You really think you would get away with this” I heard some shout in a husk voice.  Someone had punched something and i gasped with shock. I guess they heard me as someone ran and grabbed my wrist and covered my mouth. I didn’t know why but my eyes starting get watery and teardrops were racing down my cheeks. “Leave her alone!” I heard some shriek. I recognised their voice and i remembered whos it was. It was Justin’s. I was just struck with confusion. Why was he being threatened by some thugs down an ally way. “Well, guess with have an intruder.”A man spoke. “Don’t you no the meaning of privacy”. I swallowed and glared at Justin. His icy blue eyes were filled with tears and his face was bright red.  I saw a fist aiming for his face. I couldn’t let him get hurt while I was standing doing nothing.

Without thinking i grabbed Justin and ran out of the ally towards our street. I could hear him painting behind me.  “S-slow down Sel.”He panted.”You’re going to fast. I just felt anger boil in my body. “Slow down so you can get beaten up by those thugs” I snapped back at him. He went silent. I grabbed my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. Justin just ran in the house and pulled me in with him. I locked the door and turned towards Justin. I folded my arms and started tapping my foot. His face dropped with sadness. I guess I was too sensitive. I hugged him and whispered “You need to be more careful and don’t do that again.” He pushed away from me and gave me a smile. I could tell it was forced but at least he could show some emotions. “Sorry Sel, I shouldn’t have got you into that.”He said casually as he was holding my hand. I looked up into his eyes and smile. There was some connection between us, I could tell. “I Love You Sel” He whispered. Those words kept replaying in my head.

__________________________________________

Couldn't be bothered to change this one so this is the orginal chapter x