Chapter 2: One of a Kind

Piper didn't say anything to Alex about a wedding because she didn't see Alex as the kind of person who wanted to get married. Piper did want to get married however and it was now legal in all 50 states. 

Piper knew Alex loved her. Maybe she should bring it up to Alex. But she didn't want to think about the conversation because she was afraid Alex would say she didn't want to get married. It wasn't Alex not wanting to get married that scared Piper. It was the thought that maybe Alex would eventually find someone new to be with and maybe that's why she wouldn't want to get married. 

Piper didn't even want to think of being without Alex. During her time with Larry and when she found out she had to serve time in prison for being with Alex, she wanted absolutely nothing to do with her. But there was something in Piper that always brought her back to Alex, even though she reassured Larry that that would never happen and that she was his forever. When she felt tempted to be with Alex in prison, she tried to tell herself that she couldn't have all she wanted with Alex; marriage, a family, someone who didn't send her to prison. But when she saw Alex and looked in those eyes, she was back at square one. It was easy to say you were over someone. But seeing them and saying you didn't want them was truly the challenge. Piper knew in her heart that in the end, she had made the right decision choosing Alex. Larry had turned into such a dick over the past few years. That wasn't the kind of person she wanted to spend her life with. Even though Alex WAS the one who sent Piper to prison, Piper believed she was sent there for a reason: to be reunited with Alex and to make new friends. It sounded strange and it really was. But it truly was a blessing in disguise for Piper. She got to be with the person who made her truly happy and made great friends along the way. Alex truly was the one who treated her right. And besides, Alex was no longer in the drug cartel. Alex knew how Piper felt about that. It was her own decision to not go back. She had learned her lesson for the better. She found it was better to have to leave to cartel and keep Piper. It was pointless to go back to the old life she led and most likely go back to prison and lose the grand prize that was Piper. 

Alex knew Piper wanted to get married and Alex wasn't all that against it. It meant that she permanently got to be with the person she loved. She remembered when they walked past a bridal store in Brooklyn and Piper saw a wedding dress in a window that was absolutely stunning. Even Alex had to admit it was gorgeous and that it would look amazing on Piper. That was just another way that Alex knew that Piper wanted to get married. 

Alex knew she wanted to marry Piper for a while now. She didn't know it when she had first looked in her eyes or when they had their first kiss or anything like that. It was when Piper apologized for leaving whenever Alex's mom died and when she said she wanted to "meet" her. Alex had driven Piper to the cemetery and Piper and Alex had sat there for hours talking to the grave that was Alex's mother, Diane's. That's when Alex truly knew Piper was the one. When was she ever going to find someone like that again? Not in another lifetime. It just wouldn't happen. Piper was one of a kind.