Chapter 5: Booking It

There was so much that needed to be done and Piper wanted to start planning right away. They needed to find a caterer, a boutique, a DJ, bridesmaids, and dresses to wear. They also needed to find a ring bearer and a flower girl.

They found a DJ that wasn't too expensive and a caterer for a good price. They found a boutique that had beautiful blue roses. They would match the bridesmaid dresses. They had a friend who was a photographer, so that was taken care of.

Piper and Alex weren't going to have bridesmaids on each side. They decided to each pick a maid of honor and they would walk down the aisle separately.

Piper decided to ask Nicky to be her maid of honor and Alex asked Red. They both happily accepted. The bridal party was taken care of, which Piper was happy to cross off her list.

Piper wrote to Daya in prison and asked if it would be okay for her baby girl to be one of the flower girls. Daya was so happy that Piper had asked and of course, she said yes. They also decided to make the other flower girl Piper's niece, Goodall.

Piper and Alex couldn't think of anyone to be the ring bearer, so they decided they'd let Red hold onto the rings.

Piper sent out invitations to her friends and Alex's friends and to their family members. She wasn't sure if her family would come, but she knew she wouldn't lose sleep at night if they didn't.

6 invitations were sent to Litchfield Prison, with a hope that each person the invitation was sent to would be granted a furlough to attend Piper and Alex's wedding on September 15, 2018. Piper was told by Alex that the 6 invited wouldn't be granted furlough. Piper was sad that her friends wouldn't be in attendance, but she knew how hard it was to be granted furlough.

Piper found the perfect dress in a store by their apartment. It wasn't any typical wedding dress. This wouldn't be your typical wedding and Alex and Piper clearly weren't your typical people. Piper's dress was a short, white one, the kind you'd wear to a homecoming dance, minus the sparkles and beads. It was simple and that's what she wanted. Alex wasn't even going to wear a dress. Alex would wear a white button up and a pair of black skinny jeans.

Piper didn't know what Alex had to do to make it happen but she pulled some strings and somehow managed to book Wave Hill as the place of their wedding. Wave Hill was gorgeous. Piper was over the moon when Alex told her. Life with Alex was great, to say in the least and Piper couldn't believe how blessed she was and that they were actually getting married. Everything was falling perfectly into place.