Close to Sobriety

Roxanne turned over onto her back, slowly opened her heavy eyelids and stared at the white ceiling above her. A little over to the side were a few odd posters and frames. At least that's what she thought, or she had a horrible case of double-vision. No, this was not the pink ceiling of her room.

Without warning, images of slow dancing danced pounced around her aching mind. Odd, she thought to herself with a frown. Shaking her head, she sat up and instantly regretted it as her head swam and the images before her turned and twisted about.

The pain was horrible. This was a clear sign that she was suffering the infamous hangover. Everything was so bright and too loud that she had to reach up to hold her head to stop the spinning.

From what she could tell already through her warping vision was that she had no idea where the hell she was. With somewhat firm resolve, she planted her feet to the floor and attempted to stand but she just couldn't. The last thing she needed was a headache when she already had more headaches to deal with.

When she turned her head back, what greeted her tired eyes was a mass of messy hair and a tattooed, well-muscled arm stretched out beside her, the rest of him clad only in boxers.

Panic slowly crept along the edges of her brain. Surely she couldn't have been so drunk that she'd slept with a complete stranger. She couldn't live with herself.

With dread and shaky limbs, she crept closer to peek at his face.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he greeted groggily.

She screamed and covered the rest of her body with sheets.

"Wish?" Roxanne screeched to see a half-naked Wish next to her.

"No one else."

"What are you doing here? Ma will kill me!"

"Buddy, just calm down, okay? You don't remember last night?"

"What exactly happened last night? I'd appreciate it if you'd get out of my room now. As in right now."

"Your room?"

Roxanne looked around again.

"Where am I?"

"Well, apparently you're in a room where I sometimes stay, in a tattoo shop where I work part-time. You got drunk and I didn't want to take you home like that. Not when I'm still trying to earn Tita's trust." Wish sat up, stood, and started to put on his pants, being anything but modest.

Roxanne tried her best not to stare at his body, but it was defined, muscular and sexy. There were several tattoos covering his legs and arms.

Wish glanced at her and Roxanne was quick to look away. "Where are my clothes? Did you undress me?"

"What the hell was I supposed to do? You'd vomited on your shirt. It smelled like puke"

That brought an even more horrifying thought. "Wish? We didn't...you know, did we?"

Wish just chuckled in response. "For the record, I don't fuck unconscious girls," he said. "It was hard to resist the urge, though," he murmured. "Bathroom's down the hall. I take a shower every morning... you want to take a shower with me?"

"No thanks," Roxanne replied flatly.

Wish showered and Roxanne took hers eventually, but realized she didn't have anything to wear.

"Wish?" Roxanne called out. "Where are my clothes?"

"Still in the wash," Wish replied. "You can borrow some of mine, if you like."