Chapter 3

The song for this chapter is actually going to be the main song for this entire book, so you'll see it be the song for a lot of the chapters <3 it fits perfectly!! Okay, read on! 

Isabella's POV:

Today was such a long day. The Queen of Spain ended up trying to make a deal that would only benefit Spain and not England, and Phillipa was having none of that. It took them four hours of debating and throwing new deals out before they finally agreed.

But since I had to hand write every single deal thrown out, my hands were now stiff and very very sore.

I rubbed my hands with a sigh, seeing people bustle around to clean up after the meeting with both Queens. It's not like everything got messy or anything, but they still felt as if they needed to clean up. As I sat, Queen Phillipa joined me on the floor, letting out a sigh as she did so.

"That was an interesting meeting." She murmurs and I nod my head, raising one of my eyebrows at her. "Should you really be sitting on the ground?" I ask her and she begins to laugh. 

"I don't care where I sit! Just because I'm Queen doesn't make me a different type of person." she says with a wink and I giggle, shaking my head at her. "I suppose that's true." I agree and she smiles at me.

"You did really good work today, Isabella. That wasn't easy writing all that down, I know." she says and I smile, proud of my work. "Well, at least we finally came to an agreement." I say and she rolls her eyes. 

"It only took four hours." she says dryly and I chuckle. "And I really didn't like the Queen's attendant." she says with a frown and I smile softly. "He just didn't like me, that's all." I say and she gives me a look. "I don't care what he thinks. Thinking he can call you incompetent and not knowing the problems of the real world because you're a woman that isn't the Queen..." she trails off angrily and I put a hand on her shoulder.

"He doesn't know who I am." I say gently and she huffs. "You know more about the pains of this world than anyone else does. You know how things work, and yet he has the audacity to say that you don't." she grumbles and a pang of hurt hits my heart, but I don't let it show.

"Well, that's okay. He can stay clueless and be of no use to his Queen, while I can be of great help to mine." I say with a wink and a grin comes to her face. "That does make me feel better." she says and I laugh, pulling her in for a side hug.

"That's what I'm here for." I tease and she chuckles, hugging me back before a content smile comes to her smile. "You're here for a lot more." she says, putting her hands in her lap and I smile. "I suppose." I say and she shakes her head.

"I wouldn't have been able to do all of this without you. Granted Edward would've been much better at this than me..." she trails off, before shaking her head and giving me a soft smile. "I'm glad you're here." she says and I smile back, although a small sadness takes over me.

"I'm glad I could help you through your tough time." I whisper and she frowns. "I just wish I could say the same for you. It seems like the only thing that's helped you is Layla." she murmurs and I shake my head.

"You've helped. It's just..." I trail off with a sigh and she puts a hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "It's different because your husband didn't die. He left you and blamed you for what happened." she finishes for me and I nod my head to her slowly.

"So did you really mean that promise to Layla? That you'll marry Wesly when she's eight?" she asks and I shrug my shoulders. 

"To be honest I don't want to let go of the chance that Harry will come back, but at the same time, Layla needs a father. And she adores Wesly. Maybe waiting six years should be my sign that he isn't coming back. I've waited for too long, right? And she'll be eight in two years, so I guess that still leaves a small window of hope that he'll come back...although I'm starting to think he won't." I murmur and she looks at me sadly.