Chapter 8

This song really explains how Harry's feeling, if y'all were curious :) 

Harry's POV:

I drummed my fingers against the railing of the ship impatiently. I knew I had said that we were going to be leaving tomorrow, but I couldn't take another minute here. Everything was welling up inside me and it was pissing me off, especially seeing the palace in the distance.

Plus seeing Bella through me for a loop. She was supposed to stay happily out of my life and two idiots thought that bringing her to me would somehow let me give them a free pass on my seas. Like hell it would.

"Niall!!" I shout, seeing the blonde turn towards me, raising an eyebrow. "Captain?" he asks and I frown. "Where's Louis? We're about to leave! He should be able to tell everyone is loading boxes and cargo up early." I fume and he lets out a sigh.

"I'll go get him. It won't take me long." he says and I huff, seeing him run off the ship to go look for his friend. Well, my friend as well.

Some grumbling made me turn my head, seeing two men heaving up a barrel that was full of gunpowder, struggling to get it below deck. "They sure make gunpowder a lot heavier nowadays." one mutters and I narrow my eyes.

"Stop complaining and get it down to the brig. The more you whine, the less materials we'll actually have before we cast off." I order and both men nod hastily, growing quiet as they heaved the barrel up and started carrying it down to the brig with the rest of the supplies. 

Looking back out to the shore, I frowned slightly when I saw Bella's old house. I don't even know if she's living there still. But why should I care? She's dead to me now. 

Turning around, I stalk back over to my quarters and open the door, irritated when I saw the two dead bodies still on the ground. I haven't dispatched them yet. Grabbing both of their shirts, I dragged the two men from my quarters and over to the side of the ship.

One at a time I threw them overboard, the satisfying splash of water from each body making me feel better. With a sigh I walked back to the main mast, looking as the rest of the crew was gathering up on the deck. They were all close by whenever I made my decision to leave early, so I don't have to leave people behind this time. 

That's a first.

Niall came up the bridge again and I looked at him expectantly, smiling smugly as Louis appeared behind him. "What happened to staying her until tomorrow?" Louis asks curiously and I shake my head.

"I don't want to be here any longer. The sooner we get out of this town and go searching again, the better." I grumble and he lets out a sigh, both him and Niall exchanging a look. "Harry...don't you think you shouldn't be running away?" Louis asks and I give him a glare.

"I'm not running away!" I snap and he let's out a sigh. "Harry, that's what it appears like to all of us. You haven't been to this port in six years...yet you choose to come here now. You had to have had a reason other than just getting supplies." Louis says pointedly and I let out a laugh.

"You think I actually came to get her back?! How absurd! I won't allow that girl on my ship until I have fulfilled my promise. I came here because the supplies were good, no other reason." I sneer and he frowns at my response. 

"Harry..." Niall trails off but I turn from him, irritated that they kept thinking I'd come for her. That wasn't why I was here. I forgot that this was her town until we docked and I saw that stupid mansion on the shoreline. 

"We're casting off. Get the last of the supplies on board and then lift the anchor. I need to start searching again." I say seriously and I hear them mutter a yes before telling my orders to the rest of the crew.