Chapter 5

Isabella's POV:

I kept struggling against the two men holding me, gritting my teeth and trying to hit them with my legs, but my attempts were futile and all they did was laugh at me. I was now terrified to go on that ship, because I had no idea how Harry was going to react. It was the same feeling I was trying to convey to these stupid pirates, but they just weren't listening to me.

"Stop trying to escape, you idiot! You should be happy, you're going to your husband now." one says with a cackle and my eyes widen, my heart pounding in my chest as I truly thought about that.

To...Harry? It's been too long since he's been called my husband...but still, would he even be happy or even sane when he sees me? I doubt it...no, not only that...is he still angry with me? Or has he really forgotten about me?

Now I really was glad Layla was able to stay behind with my mother. I didn't want her to see her father this way. I never wanted her to know her father as a cruel, angry man. I wanted her to know the Harry I fell in love with, but as of now I don't think I'm getting him back.

"Why is he even docked here? How did you know he was here?" I ask curiously, making them pause at the base of the ship, looking at me with grim looks on their faces.

"Four years ago, he docked at a major port in England, more up the coast. The military tried to attack him and arrest him, but in return he blew the entire port city to pieces. From what I heard, all people could see for miles was the smoke and flames from the shore. Hardly anyone survived. He took what he needed - or what was left - and went on his merry way. Ever since then, any country is too afraid to face the Cutthroat Pirate, so they let him do as he pleases to avoid trouble." one man mumbles and I stare at them in shock. 

That couldn't be true...could it? 

"Cutthroat Pirate? What is that, a nickname?" I ask confused and the other man sighs. "That's the name sailors have given him. He's ruthless and cruel, and he cuts enough people's throats to own up to that name. He's been known as that for at least three years now. Didn't you know?" he asks and I shake my head at him.

"Anyways, that explains why he's here. Don't cause us anymore trouble, okay? We'll just make the exchange and that'll be it." he mutters and I try to struggle against them and beg them not to take me, but they ignored my pleas as they continued up the bridge.

I was dragged onto the ship and I looked around for familiar faces, but didn't meet any. I was about to yell out for Louis or Niall, or even Shayla, but I never got the chance to call for them.

I stumbled forward as we came to a halt on the deck, close to the Captain's door. I looked back up and my eyes widened in happiness as I saw Louis walk forward, his eyes falling to me before shock came on his face. He was still alive...and he was still here.

"Bella?" he asks astonished and I nod my head, not able to say anything at the moment. "We brought her for the Captain...to gain favor and passage through the sea." One of my captors says and I see fear and uncertainty dance across Louis's eyes. "Not sure this was the way to do it." he murmured before sighing, shaking his head before shrugging.

"Let me go see if he's willing to talk. If not, you'll be dead before you can even think." he says before walking up to the Captain's Quarters and opening up the door, disappearing inside and closing it behind him. My heart was pounding so hard I thought everyone could hear it. I wasn't sure if I was ready to face him...to see him again. 

And if he didn't feel like talking to them...we were dead anyways.

A few minutes passed before Louis appeared again,a solemn look on his face. My heart fluttered with fear at the thought of him saying no, but I tried to hide my fear. If he did say no, I was preparing to run for my life.