Chapter 13

So this picture is literally how I feel right now and it's been a struggle for me haha. But look at me now! I ACTUALLY UPDATED!! *sobs happily* Okay I'll stop this, enjoy the chapter!

"My life is not a game." -Bella

Isabella's POV:

I stood with my arms crossed, looking ahead of me while Harry stood off to the side, his arms crossed as well as he looked out the window. Layla was the only one who was excited whenever we walked inside the house.

My mother was staring at Harry in horror, while Wesly looked a little angry yet shocked at the same time. Shayla was straight up ignoring Harry, standing beside me with an irritated look on her face.

Layla, however, was ecstatic. She was looking from me to Harry so excitedly and happily that I almost felt bad for her. The tension and the awkwardness in the air was so thick I could practically taste it, and no one has said a single word since we walked in the door.

My daughter still seemed oblivious to the tension, but she was the first to break the dreadful silence everyone was in.

"Daddy agreed to come home!" she exclaims and my mother looks to me surprised, still looking quite afraid to have him here. Of course, I don't blame her for being afraid of him since the last time he was here he nearly killed her. Wesly looked appalled at Harry, as if he was having a hard time believing that this was who my husband had actually become.

Harry frowned and let out an angry sigh. "Two days, remember?" he mutters and Layla turns to him with a sad look on her face. "That's not nearly long enough!" she whines and I close my eyes for a moment. This wasn't going to be easy, no matter how many days we had or how many chances we got.

"Anyways, I need to prepare to go to work in the morning." I mutter, turning around to leave when I felt a hand on my arm. I knew automatically that it was Layla's hand, so I looked down to see my daughter frowning at me. 

"Don't go." she begs and I look from her over to Harry, who was avoiding looking me in the eyes. "I'm not leaving. I'm just getting ready for tomorrow. It's time for you to go to bed anyways." I say with a smile and she pouts. "I don't want to go to sleep!" she whines and I hear Harry huff.

"Don't argue. I really would rather avoid a stubborn match right now." he grumbles and I feel a smile creep on my face for a moment but I take a deep breath to contain myself. At least he's figured out that Layla's stubborn just like him...or me.

"I'm not arguing." Layla replied and a small smile comes to my face and I see Harry roll his eyes, shaking his head like he had given up. "Of course not." he muses and Layla grins. 

"Why are you getting ready to leave for work?" Harry inquires, changing the topic as he finally looks at me, everyone else remaining quiet as we stared at one another. 

"I work at the palace now, alongside Queen Phillipa. I'm one of her official assistants." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "That doesn't seem like a job you'd like, unless you've changed." he says dryly and I frown. 

"I kind of had to, didn't I? I had to provide for my family one way or another." I say testily and he narrows his eyes at me, but says nothing else. My mother cleared her throat, grabbing both of her wheels and gave us a small smile. 

"I'm going to be retiring for the night. If you'll excuse me, I have a lot to think about." she whispers, Harry looking over at her in her crippled state, and for a moment I swear regret filled his eyes, but he said or did nothing to prove what his eyes gave away. 

Darla helped roll my mother away into her room, leaving Wesly with me, Harry, and Layla. "Wesly, do you mind taking Layla to go to sleep? I'm going to be getting ready, since tomorrow is going to be a big day for us. We'll really need to be prepared." I say with a smile and he returns it, giving me a small bow before motioning to Layla.