Chapter 27

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you." - Both

Isabella's POV:

Harry was staring at me in shock. He was acting as if I came back from the dead. Which in a way, I have.

But at the same time, seeing his gobsmacked expression seemed almost out of place for him, and somehow he was even smiling at the same time. It made me feel good, but weird as well. Something must have gone down when I was out of it, but from the looks of everyone, all I could say was they all looked relieved.

"Isabella!" 

"MOMMY!!" 

The screams of my mother, Queen Phillipa, and Layla hit my ears and a smile came to my face, seeing them rushing over to me. I attempted to take a step, but Dr. Gregory stopped me. 

"You shouldn't walk on your own. It isn't good for you." he says and I let out a sigh, feeling weak but nodding to him. He was right. If I moved too much or in the wrong way, the stitches holding my stomach together at the moment would rip instantly.

Layla reached me first, hugging my leg happily, obviously knowing she couldn't jump on me. "I'm so glad you're okay!" she says relieved and I smile, putting a hand on her head, patting it. "I'm not going anywhere, baby girl. It's going to take a lot more than that to finish me off." I say surely, seeing her give me a bright smile.

Although I say that with confidence, in the back of my mind a shadow of doubt clouds that confidence. My smile fades for a moment, knowing if I hadn't been treated in time, I could've very likely been dead. It was my mere willpower that kept me going after I got stabbed.

Queen Phillipa breaks me from my thoughts as she pats my shoulder delicately, giving me a smile. "It's good to see you up again." she says warmly and I return the smile, looking from her to my mother, who just had a knowing smile on her face.

I weakly smile at her intimidating look, and by her gaze I know exactly what she's thinking. "I knew you were going to do this," is exactly what's going on in her mind, and I feel slightly ashamed to be known so well that my mother knew I'd do something like this.

"I'm glad you're alive." she says and I let out a small laugh, nodding my head to her. "I am too." I say and her eyebrow raises skeptically. She must not believe my earlier statement about me being confident...sometimes my mother knows me too well.

I look up, seeing Harry still staring at me, slowly walking towards me with an unreadable expression on his face. I tried to give him a smile, but it was wobbly and unsure. Was he angry at me for doing what I did, or was he thankful? I couldn't tell at the moment, and uneasiness crept inside me.

Did I make a mistake?

I open my mouth to say something, but everything that could've come from my mouth disappeared in a breath as Harry put his arms around me, giving me a tight hug. My eyes were wide as his arms wrapped over my shoulders, staying away from my wound. 

The doubts that began to build up in my mind fizzled away, as I slowly moved my arms to return Harry's hug, gingerly placing my hands on his back so I didn't move much. Harry was now supporting me, and my eyes squeezed closed as his embrace warmed my body. 

This felt so natural, so right. It was like the past six years didn't matter. But at the same time, I could tell something was off. I didn't know what, but something was wrong. 

His body...was shaking.

"Thank God..." Harry whispers in my ear, low enough so that no one else would be able to hear it, my eyes opening at his voice. "Thank God you're alright." he murmurs in a tone filled with so much relief it made tears come to my eyes. He really is back. I think to myself, gripping his shirt tightly in my fists.