Chapter 3: I dreamed a dream

Opening Theme:
Demi Lovato – Don’t Forget
Did you regret ever standing by my side?
Did you forget what we were feeling inside?
Now I'm left to forget about us.

It has been weeks since I last talked to Gray. Our eyes occasionally met and every time it did, I tried my best to ignore him. I don't know if I'm over reacting or not. I just know that Gray was a liar, and he broke my trust, our trust, Seven and mine.

As much as I tried to forget what happened that night, I just couldn't seem to. I was standing as still and as quiet as I could in front of Gray's house. I could hear them talking, him and Seven. Suddenly, the door burst open which caught me off guard. I couldn't think of a reason as to why I was there. Instead, I ignored Seven and Gray, went inside the house, retrieved my phone, then left, without a word.

I could hear them both calling me but I kept ignoring them. Later that night, my phone kept vibrating and vibrating. I knew it was Gray so I just turned it off. It was one of the worst nights of my life.

The next day was a school day so I prepared myself since it’s not inevitable for Gray and I to meet or see each other. We go to the same school, after all. However, to my surprise, I did not see him. I saw Quinn, yes, but not Gray. Seven, on the other hand, was present. "Let's just forget about last night, and Gray. We can live without him," I proposed to Seven, to which he agreed.

I had to pretend that I didn't hear anything when I was standing outside Gray's house. "I wasn't standing for a long time. And I didn't really hear anything," was my usual excuse whenever Seven asked me, followed by, "I thought we wouldn't talk about that night, anymore? Please, Seven. I just really want to forget about that night, forget about him."

"It's been a while since I last saw you and Gray together," Mom said, as I was eating my breakfast in the kitchen.

My eyes were locked on the television. "Apparently, he had better things to do. Things that doesn't include hanging out with Seven and I," I replied. I couldn't lie to my mom, but I had to tell her another reason. I just figured telling her the whole truth would break her heart. She loved the thought of Gray and me. I felt the same, felt.

"Really? But you both had so much fun, the last time he was here." She put the cooking pan back to the cabinet and then sat across me.

"I know, Mom. I was there." Mom was getting on my nerves. "Let's just talk about other things."

Obviously, my day started at a low note. Just the reminder of Gray destroyed my day. Honestly, everyday reminded me of him. I, literally, live across his house so every time I went out, I see his house, which makes me think of him: instant destroyed day. So, I just try to not go out.

"Hey, Cassy," Seven greeted me, as I entered the school. He was behind me, trying to catch up.

I looked back, stopped to wait for him, and waved. "Hey, Sev," I greeted back.

When he finally caught up to me, we continued on walking. "Are you coming tomorrow?" he asked.

Tomorrow? "Huh?" I wondered.

"You forgot didn't you?" He had this ‘I knew it’ + ‘why am I not surprised’ face.

"I don't know." I was confused and dumbfounded. I really didn't know.

"Tomorrow's my birthday!" Seven revealed. "How could you forget?!"

Then, it hit me! Of course, Seven's birthday. And there will be a party tomorrow at his dad's place. How could I forget?! "I'm sorry, Sev," I apologized. "I didn't forget. I simply just didn't remember instantly."