Chapter 5: I fall to my doom

Opening Theme:
Florence and the Machine – Breath of Life
And I started to hear it again
But this time it wasn’t the end
And the room was so quiet, oh
And my heart is a hollow plain
For the devil to dance again
And the room was too quiet, oh

"It's nice to see you again, Snow," the woman said.

What I thought was going to be a nice small gathering for Seven's birthday turned for the worse. I didn't know what was happening. The whole dance floor was petrified. Gray was missing. This devil lady appeared in front of us. And she didn't just appear. She materialized from a black cloud of evil. It was all so... bizarre!

I looked beside me and saw Seven petrified. He wasn't "stone-petrified" but just petrified. I tried snapping him back to his senses but to no avail. "Seven! Seven! Not you too!" I said, still trying to wake him up.

"He's petrified," the lady in black said. Suddenly, she walked towards me and looked at me intently. Then, she walked closer to Seven and stroked his hair. "But don't worry. He's not dead. Not yet, at least."

"Who are you?! Why are you doing this?!" I exclaimed. I walked backwards to get away from her as she turned away from Seven and walked towards me.

"Oh, you know me very well, Snow White," she replied.

"No! I don't know you! Answer me! Why are you doing this?"

"Why am I doing this? Because of you. And - " she gestured air quotations " – true love."

"True love?! What the heck are you talking about?"

"Don't pretend like you know nothing! Celeste and Chester already told you everything,” she insisted. “About how nothing’s more powerful than true love’s kiss.”

"Celeste and Chester? Who are they? True love’s kiss?"

"Your mother and father!"

"My mom and dad?!"

"So, you know it was us," a familiar voice said. I turned to see who the voice was coming from.

"Mom?" I called out. Suddenly, a figure started materializing beside me. I expected to see my mom but was shocked to see a turquoise-haired lady. "M - mom?!" I asked her as she stood beside me. Aside from having turquoise hair, she was wearing pure white flowing gown that made her seem fairy like. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

She looked at me and said, "I'm not your mom, Snow. You're not Summer Cassidy, either. I'll have to explain everything later, in Grimoire."

"Oh, nobody's coming back to Grimoire except me!" The lady in black said.

"Who is she mo - turquoise-haired lady?" I asked. There were so many things happening that I just needed answers. "What's happening? I'm so confused! If I'm not Summer Cassidy, then who am I?"

"She's Queen Evita. She's your step mom. I'm Celeste, a blue fairy. And you're Snow White, a princess," she replied, which didn't really clarify anything. Actually, it made everything even more complicated.

"So, you're saying, I'm really a character in a fairy tale," I said, trying to make joke of everything that was happening.

"Exactly," she agreed.

"That's it, I'm just dreaming!" I figured out. "Moments later, I'm going to wake up and everything will be okay."

"Oh, no no no no no, Snow," Queen Evita said, shaking her head. "This is no dream. This is very real. And tonight, you, along with everyone in this place, will perish and greet death."