Chapter 7: Rage doesn't bite

Opening Theme:

Emblem 3 – 3000 Miles

I wanna run, wanna run away

I'm dreaming of a place called home

I could try but I'm stuck in today

I'm dreaming of a place that's

3000 miles away

Ever since that night, the dream kept repeating and repeating. However, unlike the first time, Celeste and Chester weren't present. Instead, only the visions showed. It has been a week and it's making me crazy.

"Is something the matter? Something seems to be bothering you," Aria said, as I was sitting in front of her in the dining room. We just finished eating breakfast. The three bears had just gone to their weekly fur cleansing.

"Huh?" I snapped out from my self-induced trance. "Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about something."

"About what?" she asked.

“Well..,” I was hesitating. I didn’t know if I should tell her my dream or not. I didn’t know if she could handle it.

“Well?” she repeated.

"You see, the night I got here, I had a dream..." I told her about the dream. Of course, I had to leave out many parts. I was only able to share the party and the huntsman part. I wasn't ready to tell her about my Earthen origins, yet and I’m sure she wasn’t ready to handle it.

"Why would it bother you? It's just a dream," she pointed out, her expression shifted as if she knew something.

"But I feel like everything happened for real," I said. "You did say I became missing the day after my birthday and my dream seemed to have indicated that."

"I know but that's impossible. There is only one huntsman in Eidelveiss. He's the queen's personal huntsman. If ever the queen wants anything, she asks the huntsman to do it for her," she explained.

"How did you know? Are you sure?" I asked her.

"Yes, I'm sure because..." her voice faltered.

"Because what?" I repeated.

"Because the huntsman is my brother," she revealed. Her expression turned dark and grim. "He couldn't possibly accept a task like that. He knows you're my best friend."

“So, that’s why it seemed like she knew something,” I thought to myself. "Um, Aria, um, don't worry. As you said, um, it's just a dream. Yes, just a dream," I said, to calm her down. I knew my dream was real but i didn't know the huntsman was her brother. I had to lie to her and support her claim of my dream being just that, a dream.

"Because it is," she vindicated. "It is just a dream." Her expression returned back to normal but I could still feel the tension.

Moments later, as I was checking out the rest of the house (something I've been doing in the past few days since I've nothing more to do), the bears knocked on the door.

"Hello, welcome back," Aria greeted, as the bears entered the house. "How was the cleanse?"

"It was very nice, dear," Winney bear answered.

"Very, um... cleansing..," Teddy added, scratching his right elbow. "Go upstairs, Cubby. Rest for a while."

"Okay, dad," Cubby said, and then hurried upstairs.