Chapter 4: The feeling of fireworks

Opening Theme:
Aviici – Wake Me Up
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

"Can we talk?"

That was Gray's text message. I didn't know how to react. I kept contemplating with myself whether I was going to reply or not. I ended up not replying because I was clueless as to what I should say or what could happen if I said yes or if I said no.

I went downstairs so I could eat breakfast. "What's for breakfast?" I asked Mom, who was in the library.

"There are some bacon and eggs on the table," Mom replied.

"Okay, thanks Mom!"

After getting some bacon and eggs, I went to the living room to eat instead of the dining room even though I knew Mom wouldn’t allow me. I just felt like eating like a slob today. I sat on the sofa, turned the TV on, and then assumed the worriless-couch-potato-eating-bacon-and-eggs position.

"And why are you eating there, missy?" Mom, now behind me, asked. I didn't see her come out of the library so I was surprised.

"Since when did you come out of the library?" I replied with a question.

"Just now," she replied. "Don't eat there, Cassy. You'll attract bugs."

"Mom, please!” I begged. “I fell like eating here. It's Saturday, anyway."

"Well, fine! But, you have to clean up after." She said, as she pointed her finger at me.

"I will! I will!" I promised. "What were you doing there in the library, anyway?"

"I was cleaning. What else would I do there?" Mom replied.

As I was eating my breakfast, I couldn't help but think about my weird dream. It was by far my weirdest, strangest dream. A rabbit in a vest with a pocket watch? A life size gingerbread house? A little red hooded girl? A giant tree? Three talking pigs? Seven dwarves and a prince?

Seven dwarves. It sounded familiar. Then it hit me.

"FAIRY TALES!" I exclaimed.

"Huh?! What?!” Mom was startled by my sudden reaction. “What’s wrong?”

"My dream, they were fairy tales," I explained. "That was why they were so familiar! Because they were fairy tales."

Mom didn't reply. Her expression changed from curios to concern. I didn't know why she had that expression so I didn't bother. I set my plate down and immediately went to our mini-library to get our one and only fairy tale book. It was beside my "Gray is the color of Snow" scrapbook.

I tried to pull the fairy tale book out but the books were packed too tight. When I was finally able to yank the book out, the scrapbook came out with it. I had no choice. I took both books to the living room.

I sat back on the sofa, set the scrapbook aside, and then opened the fairy tale book. I opened the book to the story of 'Hansel and Gretel'. There was an illustration of the gingerbread house. In front of the house were two children, a boy and a girl, who I assumed were Hansel and Gretel. They were eating parts of the house.

I turned the page to another story, 'The Little Red Riding Hood'. There was an illustration of a little girl wearing a red hood carrying a basket. The girl in the picture looked exactly like the girl in my dream. And it creeped me out.