Chapter 6: Who is she?

 Opening Theme:

The Beatles - Yesterday

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away

Now it looks as though they're here to stay

Oh, I believe in yesterday

After Goldilocks and I reconciled, a thought suddenly popped into my head. The moment she said her name, "Goldilocks", I knew where I was. I knew what this was. However, I felt like I still had to confirm if I was really in Grimoire.

We were eating dinner when I brought the topic up. "Where am I?" I asked as I finished the bowl of porridge.

"That's ridiculous, Snow. How could you not know where we are?" Goldilocks replied, who earlier revealed to me that her real name was Aria Gold.

Goldilocks' enthusiasm of me being her best friend and all was getting on my nerves. As much as I wanted to make her stop, I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Let's pretend I didn't know anything." The intensity of my voice was getting higher. "Tell me where I am!!"

Goldilocks' smile turned to surprise for the second time tonight. However, unlike the first time, this surprise had a negative tint to it. I could sense that she noticed the increased intensity of my voice. I didn't mean to offend her but I just needed to know the truth.

"Fine!" she exclaimed. "You're in Grimoire. You're in Moonrock Forest. You're in the house of the three bears." She stood up, put her plate on the sink, and then went upstairs.

"Wow. I've never seen Aria upset," Winney interjected. I almost forgot, the three bears were also there, still eating their porridge.

"I'm sorry. I've been here for less than an hour and I've already caused trouble. I'm really sorry," I apologized. I let my emotions took over me and my actions were unnecessary. I knew I had to go up to Goldilocks and apologize to her. If what she said were true, that she and I were indeed best friends, then she knew things about me. Things I didn't know.

Later that night, when I thought I was ready to swallow my pride and face the truth, I went upstairs to Goldilocks' room. I knocked three times but she didn't respond.

"Hello? Aria?" I called.

"Go away!" she said from inside the room.

"I'm sorry, Aria. I'm just really confused right now."

"You're mean and you're not the Snow that I used to know!"

"I'm really sorry, Goldilocks! I'm just... I don't know what's happening with my life right now." My voice was slowly fading.

She didn't respond. I heard the springs of her bed retract which made me assume that she got out of her bed. Moments later, the door opened. She was sporting that everlasting smile again which, in turn, made me smile.

"Aww, I can't stay mad at you," she said, then hugged me which, for the second time tonight, caught me by surprise.

"You really like hugs, don't you?" I remarked.

"Everybody likes hugs!" she said as we broke the hug. We went back inside her room and then sat on her bed. "Tell me, Snow. What's the problem?"

"Honestly Goldilocks - "

"Oh, please call me Aria. I haven't used the name Goldilocks since you went missing."

"Missing?" She caught my undivided attention. Not only did we know each other but I was missing? How could it be?