Sp. Chapter: Behind these hazel eyes

Special Chapter: Behind these hazel eyes

Opening Theme:

Kelly Clarkson – Behind These Hazel Eyes

Seems like just yesterday

You were a part of me

I used to stand so tall

I used to be so strong

[GRAY's perspective]

I opened the door to let Seven out. To our surprise, Snow was outside, seemingly... crying?

The night didn't turn out so well. It was supposed to be the reunion of the fairy tale trio but it soon ended and became what seemed to be the permanent separation of the trio – at least – the permanent separation of me from them.

It was too late when I realized that what I had done was wrong. I just didn't think it would blow up to such great proportions. I regretted the decision that I made but being sorry about it wouldn't change a thing. I singlehandedly destroyed the best relationship that I had – my relationship with Snow and Seven.

Days and weeks passed but I could still feel the anger and disappointment in Snow's eyes whenever our eyes met. I wanted to talk to her so badly every time our eyes did meet, but I just didn't have the courage to do so.

On the other hand, whenever I encountered Seven, I would talk to him and ask him about Snow. At least, Seven found a way to look passed what I did. He was my only connection to Snow and I didn't want to severe it.

"Hey, Gray," a familiar voice called, as I was returning my books to my locker since it was already dismissal time.

I turned to the voice and saw Seven. "Oh, Seven, what's up?" I greeted.

"It took me a long and hard time thinking about this," he said.

"Thinking about what?" I asked him. "Oh and by the way, isn't it your birthday tomorrow? Happy birthday!"

"Actually, that is what I want to talk to you about," he replied. "My birthday."

"Are you having a party?"

"Yeah and I would like to invite you. All my friends are coming, all our friends."

Right then, it dawned on me why it took him a long time before asking me. "Is Snow going to be there?" I asked him.

"Y - yes," he answered, almost hesitating. "I know that Snow isn't in good terms with you after our falling out that night but you're still my friend. It would be unfair if I didn't invite you."

I was silent at first. I contemplated whether I would go or not. "I don't want to disappoint you or anything but I'd rather not go," I said. "I mean, I want to go to your party, of course, but I don't want to destroy it for Snow."

I could feel and see Seven's disappointment but I could also see that he understood the position that I was in. "Well, I tried," he said before walking away. He was almost out of view when he stopped and turned around. "I just thought maybe you both could reconcile there!" he shouted, then he turned and walked away again.

Walking back home, all I could think of was Seven's statement, "...you both could reconcile there!" I knew it was a possibility but should I take the chance. It seemed like the chance of a lifetime. It would either make or break me.

And then, a little voice inside me whispered, "Go for it. This may be your only chance."

I texted Gray immediately and asked him about the details about his party. I texted him that I realized that maybe he was right, that maybe Snow and I could and would reconcile in his party. It was a maybe but I'd rather deal with a "what happened" rather than "what could've happened".