Chapter 2: Getting To Know You

Zayn slipped his hands in the pockets of the coat he was wearing, his breath appearing in front of him as he walked side-by-side with his newfound friend, Mae Rutherford. "So.. Mae.. What're you doing out this late roaming the dangerous streets of London?" he asked in his thick accent, looking at her and smiling smugly. "I told you, I was bored." she simply said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Hm. Not the kind of answer I was looking for but.. beggars can't be choosers, eh?" he said, eliciting a chuckle from the girl. 

          "What about you, Mr. Zayn Malik? What's a handsome guy like you doing at a diner at almost 4 in the morning?" she countered, grinning at him brightly. "Well, I'm trying to mend a broken heart. Care to help?" he joked, laughing and running a hand through his tousled hair. "A broken heart, huh? But how is it even possible that you have a broken heart?" she questioned, quirking an eyebrow up at the dark-skinned lad. "What do you mean to say by that, love?" he asked and continued walking, folding his arms over his chest. "You don't seem to be the kind of guy who is a Dumpee. You seem like you're the Dumper." she explained and shrugged again. "What? I read a lot of John Green in my spare time." she said proudly and chuckled again. Zayn just smiled, shrugging his shoulders and rubbing the back of his neck. "To be honest, I really don't know what went wrong between me and the girl." he confessed, biting his lip and feeling his cheeks redden from embarrassment at what he just said. 

          "Is that a bad thing for you?" she asked, looking up at him with her doe-like eyes. Zayn blinked at the question, licking his dry lips slowly before he nodded. "Well, considering I'm a guy.. yes. That's a bad thing for me." he said again and looked at her. "Why are guys so full of pride? Like, you can't accept it if a girl is better at something than you are! This is life, dude. Everything's not balanced. Everything's.. different. Like, look around you. There are guys who want to be girls and girls who want to be guys." she said and scoffed. "Why not try and lower your pride if you have the time?" she shot at Zayn, rolling her eyes and continued walking. Zayn stopped in his tracks at her words and scratched the back of his head. "W.. Wait! Mae, wait!" he called out once he realized he was too caught up in his thoughts that the girl was walking away from him. He ran and caught up with her in no time. "Hey! What was that all ab- Mae?" he said, realizing that the girl was crying. "Wait.. Did I.. Did I say something?" he asked and shoved his hands in his pockets again as he waited for Mae to respond. 

          "No.. No, you didn't say anything.." she said, letting out a shaky breath and quickly wiping at her eyes. "I just hate guys like you so much." she mumbled, hugging herself to keep from shivering and freezing. Zayn drew in a sharp breath before shaking his head and grabbing her wrist. "Okay then.. On behalf of all the guys like me.. I'm sorry." he said and smiled at her warmly. "Now stop crying, love. I didn't mean to say it like that or to offend you." he said and reached up to wipe her tears away with his gloved thumb. She laughed and shook her head, pushing Zayn away playfully. "Sorry.. It's just.. My parents are divorced just because of a misunderstanding. My dad couldn't accept that he was publicly humiliated when my mum proved him wrong at this stupid convention, they're both doctors by the way, and he said it tarnished his image as a well-respected doctor. It's.. That was a pretty stupid reason and I know that wasn't it since he's been sleeping with his secretary even before that incident happened." she said and leaned back against the brick wall behind her. 

          "I'm sorry.. If it helps.. My mum and dad are divorced, as well." he said and shrugged at her. "How does that even help?" she asked and laughed, shaking her head before she ran a hand through her hair. "Boys are just so clueless." she said and laughed again, starting to walk again with Zayn following close behind her. "Well, girls are complicated so.." he said and scratched the back of his head. "It's hard for us too, y'know." he said, making the two of them laugh. "Random thought: I'd honestly turn for Lorde." she said and looked up at Zayn innocently. His eyes widened before he laughed, looking at her as if she was crazy. "What? She's 16 years old!" he exclaimed and kept on laughing. "So what? I'm 19! 3 years isn't that a big of a deal!" she retorted and laughed with him, running a hand through her wavy hair again. "I'm 20. 1 year isn't a big of a deal now, is it?" he teased and smirked at her. "You're really flirty, you know that?" she said and poked her tongue out at the dark-skinned lad. "And you're really sexy." he said in a low growl, biting his lip as he looked her over. 

          Mae immediately blushed and looked down, letting out a shaky laugh. "Dude, stop it. You're going to ruin such a fun night for the both of us." she said and stuck her tongue out at Zayn. He laughed and shook his head, pulling her into an alleyway and pushing her up against the wall. "Who cares, love? You've only got one life so why not live it to the fullest, yeah?" he said and ground himself against her, a smirk appearing on his lips as her body responded by grinding back against him. "Ugh.. Zayn, don't fucking do this.." she cried out quietly, reaching up to tug on his hair. "I'm just entertaining you, baby.." he teased and let out a low chuckle. "So sexy.." he whispered as his hands slipped underneath her shirt, tracing her every curves with his rough and calloused hands. "Dammit.. Just do it.." she whispered impatiently, giving in completely. "Good girl.." he whispered in her ear as he leaned down and started making out with her furiously... 

----

A/N: Helloooo. If you're still reading chapter two, I love you. Haha. :) Is it shitty? Please tell me or comment any suggestions as to how I can improve the storyline. Don't worry, this is only the start. :) Although I could use some tips from readers though. :D x Thank you!!

Twitter: @jackoffzayn

Tumblr: pain-by-zayn.tumblr.com