Chapter 5: The Agreement

Mae lay there on the bed she currently shared with her soon-to-be husband, letting out a sigh and curling up to him. She smiled softly at the sight of him peacefully sleeping in front of her, his arms wrapped protectively around her. Who was she to even deserve this angelic and perfect boy? She sighed and gave Niall's chin a sweet kiss before she shimmied out from his grip, giggling quietly when the boy groaned before rolling over onto his other side. She sighed again and ran a hand through her brown hair before standing up and stretching out her tired limbs. She walked over to where Niall was and kissed his temple lovingly. "I'll be back, baby.." she whispered before walking towards the door and out to the hallway. She shut the door behind her silently and moved to make her way down the stairs, furrowing her eyebrows when she saw a dim light coming from the living room. 'Did Niall forget to turn the TV off again?' she said to herself and shook her head, sighing and making her way to the living room.

She walked into the living room and stopped right in her tracks at the sight in front of her: A shirtless Zayn lying on the couch. She quickly bit her lip and shook her head to get those thoughts out of her mind. She took a deep breath and walked over to the television set, bending over to turn it off manually. She heard some scuffling coming from behind her but just shook it off, figuring it was just Zayn turning in his sleep. As she was about to stand up, she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist and pull her back. "It's not nice sleeping with your fiancee's best friend.." she heard Zayn breathe into her ear, sending shivers down her spine as she squeezed her eyes shut and forcefully pushed the young lad off of her. "I didn't know." she said through gritted teeth, facing him and keeping in mind to keep her eyes off of his toned chest and sinking v-line. Zayn laughed quietly and smirked at her, shaking his head and running a hand through his tousled hair. "You know Niall's going to bust both of our balls if he finds out, right?" he commented and looked at her seriously, sticking his hands in the pockets of his ripped jeans.

Mae looked at Zayn angrily and shook her head rapidly. "He's not going to find out nor will he ever find out. Got that?" she told the boy standing in front of her angrily and took a step towards him. "And if you tell anyone about what had happened between us, I'll sue you for rape." she threatened, hoping that he'd believe her even though she knew full well that what she just said wasn't true. "Sue me, huh? I'm scared." Zayn teased and grinned at her, shaking his head and smirking again. "Why'd you even let me fuck you in the first place if you were going to get married?" he asked curiously and sat down on the couch, relaxing comfortably as he put his arms behind his head. Mae just scoffed at him, running a hand through her hair before shrugging. "I don't know.. I mean.. I don't know." she sighed in a defeated tone, plopping down on the spot next to Zayn on the couch. "I guess I wanted to do something rebellious or something like that.." she confessed and faced Zayn. "But don't get me wrong though. I love Niall. Like literally. I love him to death. I love him to pieces. It's just that.. I don't know. I just wanted to do something daring right before I was going to be married to him." she breathed out and put her head in her hands. "You must think I'm a slut now, don't you?" she said in her hands, groaning and pulling on her hair.

Zayn laughed and scooted closer to her, gently taking her hands in his and pulling them away from her hair. "Hey now, hey now.. It's all right. I get you." he cooed and was pleased when she dropped her hands down to her sides. "I'm really sorry." she breathed out before lifting her head up and facing him. "It's cool. It happened. It's in the past now, don't worry." Zayn reassured her and resumed his original position on the couch. "Why were you even looking at me in the cafe?" he asked out of curiousity and waited for her answer, stifling a yawn and rubbing his eyes sleepily. "You looked familiar, that's why. Niall showed me some pictures of you but I guess I wasn't really paying attention to him when he was telling me about you and how you were going to be his best man." she said and laughed, shaking her head at her own stupidity. "But you gotta admit.. I'm hot, right?" Zayn teased and grinned at her cheekily, earning a slap to the back of his head from Mae. "Shut up, Zayn." she laughed and looked at him seriously this time. "How do you and Niall know each other?" she asked and arched one eyebrow up curiously. "We were roommates when we were enrolled in university." he said and smiled at her. "I was the quiet one and he was the jolly one. I wasn't really fond of him from the start but as time passed, I guess we got used to each other and yeah. The next thing you know, we're best friends." he recalled and laughed, looking at Mae and smiling at her. "What about you? How'd you and Niall meet?" he asked and looked at her curiously.

"It's kind of a funny story, really." Mae said and smiled at Zayn, shaking her head as she recalled her first encounter with Niall. "I went on a date with this guy and Niall was the one playing the guitar in one of those fancy restaurants. Yeah. So this guy, Malcolm, calls him over and hands him some money so that he can play for us. Niall looked at him before he looked at me, nodding and flashing that toothy grin he had. Little did we know that he just snuck in and wasn't really an employee of the said restaurant." she said and paused to catch her breath, pleased to see that Zayn had a soft smile on his face. "So he starts playing for us and singing while I was on my date when he suddenly stopped. We both looked at him and had this confused look on both of our faces. He gave the guitar to Malcolm and made him stand up, taking a seat right in front of me and tried to look as innocent as possible when the manager of the restaurant came over. He cursed Malcolm over and over, ignoring Malcolm's claims that he wasn't the one playing the guitar and that it was Niall, and kicked him out. The manager kept apologizing to us and sent our table some complimentary meals which we both ate in silence before he finally broke the ice and introduced himself with a casual 'Hi, I'm Niall.' and we both burst out laughing at what had just happened earlier." she recalled and laughed, loving the sound of Zayn's laugh mixing with hers.

"That is a really interesting story. I just have one question though." Zayn said and grinned at her. "What is it?" Mae asked and smiled at him softly. "Is Malcolm invited to the wedding?" he asked which resulted in the both of them to crack up. "Oh my god, that is a really good idea!" she exclaimed and laughed, shaking her head and sticking her tongue out at Zayn. "You really have the best yet stupid ideas." she said and smiled at him. "You know, I don't regret sleeping with you." she confessed and smiled at Zayn shyly which made the Bradford lad raise his eyebrows in response. "And would you mind doing it again?" Zayn asked and smirked at her, biting his lip and waiting for her reply. Mae looked at Zayn and took a deep breath, standing up and walking towards the stairs. "Friends, okay?" she said with her back turned towards Zayn, squeezing her eyes shut and trying to stop herself from saying, "Yes! I would gladly do it again!" Zayn stood up as well and licked his lips. "Friends.. with benefits." he said and stuck his hands inside his pockets once more. "Final offer." he said in a low tone, waiting for her thoughts on this.

"Okay." she said before running up the stairs.

------------------------

A/N: How's it going so far for you guys? Hahahahaha. :) So far, so good. Right? Hahaha. :D x Thank you so much if you're still here and sticking around for the next chapters to come!! I promise it will be exciting and it will get better. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me if you're liking my story so far!!

P.S. Which side are you on? Team Niall or Team Zayn? Hahaha. :) Help me and Mae choose!!!!! :) Leave your answers in the comments section below!!

Signing off,

F