Chapter 6: Tug Of War

Zayn woke up to the sun getting into his eyes, squinting as he sat up and ran a hand through his hair. He let out a soft yawn, blinking a few times and looking around his surroundings. He smirked and laughed quietly to himself as he remembered last night's events. He got up after a while and looked around for his shirt that he threw down on the floor last night before completely crashing down on the couch. He was close to giving up when he heard footsteps behind him and a voice say, "Looking for this?"

Zayn stood up and turned around to face Mae, drinking in her features as she wore Niall's button-up shirt with some short shorts underneath that were nearly invisible from his view. He walked over to her and reached for his shirt but was unable to grab it when she quickly put it behind her back. "Say thank you first, Zayn." Mae teased and grinned at him. He groaned and shook his head, smiling and putting his hands on his hips. "Come on, Mae. Give it." he said and held out his palm for her to give it back. "All I'm asking for is a simple 'thank you', Zayn." she said and pouted at him, keeping a strong grip on the fabric of his shirt in her hands.

The pair just looked at each other, the boy not obviously going to give in and say thank you for such a small matter and the girl just wanting a simple thank you in return for her to give back his shirt. "You're a real tough cookie, you know that?" Zayn said after a while and shook his head, laughing before smiling at Mae. "Thank you so much, Mae." he said and smirked at her. "Now give it." he said, his expression changing to that of a serious one this time. Mae laughed at how cute Zayn looked just now, biting her lip before tapping her index finger on her chin. "Hmm.. How about.. no!" she exclaimed before dashing away from the Bradford boy.

Zayn laughed and started after Mae, chasing her around the ground floor and bumping into a few things as her legs were way faster than his. "Come on, Mae! Give it!" he whined as he forced himself to catch up with her, the boy obviously not used to this kind of exercise at the start of his day. He gave up after a while of chasing Mae around the house, stopping with his hands on his knees as he regained his breathing. Mae laughed from the other room, looking Zayn's figure over as she walked over to where he was. "You're already tired, babe?" she teased and smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

Zayn pretended to still be wheezing, nodding in reply as he waited for the perfect moment to pounce on Mae and try to get his t-shirt back. "Got you!" he exclaimed as he pinned her against the wall, a smirk on his face as he got his shirt from her. "You got me.." Mae muttered and bit her lip at the close proximity of their bodies, letting out a shaky breath as Zayn pressed himself closer to her body. "We can't.. Remember..?" Zayn whispered as he leaned down and started sucking on her neck, making sure to not suck too hard and leave a hickey that Niall will possibly see later.

Mae closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side, giving Zayn easier access to her neck. "You're the one who's doing something to me here.." she said while letting out a shaky breath, one hand reaching up to tangle in his messy bed hair. "We're in your fiancee's house.." he mumbled against her skin, planting butterfly kisses as his lips travelled up from her neck and to her jaw. "And this is just downright inappropriate.." he whispered in her ear before starting to nibble on her earlobe.

Mae let out a soft moan, completely getting turned on by the fact that her fiancee's best mate was doing this to her in his house. "Zayn.. Fuck.." she murmured and felt his lips go to the side of her lips. Zayn willed himself to stop, knowing that it wasn't right that he was doing this to her. "We should stop this.." he whispered as he started kissing her, hearing footsteps come from upstairs which only meant that Niall would be bounding down the steps any second now. "We really should.." she responded but kissed Zayn back with much force.