Chapter Five

Bethany's POV

Mey-Rin, as she introduced herself, was good company. We started talking and I couldn't help but talk excitedly. God, I sounded like Elizabeth. Not that I didn't like my sister, but I wasn't her.

While Elizabeth drank her tea slowly and never reached the bottom of the small cup, I drank four or five cups, gulping them down. Mey-Rin happily got me more tea each time I ran out like it was no bother. I felt welcome here, unlike at my own estate.

Then, Sebastian came into the room. All eyes were on him.

"Miss Elizabeth, Master Ciel has requested to take you to on a date. However, he wishes for you to go to into the city to pick some new clothes. I'll send Mey-Rin with you to help you choose a dress. Miss Bethany, your presence is requested here. Master Ciel understands you have health issues outdoors and wishes to spare you from harm."

I was terrified. Here at the mansion? What would I do here? Although Lizzy is a bit bratty, she's the only one I really know here.

Elizabeth seemed enthusiastic. "Bethy! You get to explore and be yourself! Enjoy it!"

It all seemed so quick as my sister was led into a carriage with the maid while I was in the room with my tea.