Chapter Eleven

Bethany's POV

Ciel walked with Bethany to her room.

"You live in the maid's quarters?" He asked me shocked.

"Yes, I'm not seen as very valuable to my family."

"Don't worry, I'm your family now." I looked at Ciel in awe. I knew his parents had passed away, so to say I was family... That was beyond comprehension.

I reached into my small closet and found a bag. I filled it with all of my favorite books.

"Aren't you going to pack some clothes, my lady?"

I grimaced. "The dress I wore today was Lizzy's. Most of my clothes are made from old rags. If I'm lucky, a maid will outgrow her uniform. Most of Lizzy's old dresses don't fit my curvier body style."

He nodded. "Of course, you can borrow clothes until I can properly get you clothes."

He takes the books from me, saying that such heavy things should be carried by men. I joked that he was a man now. He faked a hurt ego.

"Anything else you would like to bring?"

I was deep in thought. I wanted a sword like big brother and Lizzy used, but I didn't have my own, so I couldn't bring one. I did have a painting that I wanted to keep though.

I took the painting off of my wall. Ciel's eye grew wide.

"That is a huge painting."

"It's my only happy outdoor memory. Before the doctors found my lung condition, my mother and father took big brother and Lizzy and I to a field to have a portrait taken. I was only two when this was painted, but it brings me happiness every time I look at it."

Ciel had a pained face. "Sebastian, take the painting to the carriage. Don't break it."

Sebastian carefully took the painting from me.

"I promise Bethany, you will have a better life with me."

After that, I told Ciel I would be in the carriage shortly but I needed to say goodbye.

I snuck into Lizzy's room. "Lizzy!" I hissed, "Elizabeth!"

"Huh? What?" She rubbed her eyes. "Bethy, what do you need? It's the middle of the night. Can't it wait until morning?"

"Lizzy, I'm going to go live with Ciel. I just finished packing. If I don't come out of mother and father's room, get Ciel for me. Promise?"

"You what? Oh ok. I promise. Have fun!" She said giggling and winking at me.

I blushed furiously and snuck back out of the room. I bumped into Sebastian.

"Oh hi."

"Ciel is worried without you by his side. He wants me to accompany you to ensure your safety until you can join him in the carriage."

I nodded.

I knocked seven times on my mother and father's door to spell "BETHANY".

My father answered, "What do you need child?!?! It's the middle of the night!"

My mother said, "Calm dear. I'm sure she has a reason."

I spoke up, "Farewell mother, father! I am leaving to live with my dearest fiancé, Ciel Phantomhive."

My mother squealed in excitement.

My father looked like he had been robbed.

"No Bethany! You are not leaving this mansion! Do you hear me?"

Sebastian stepped in, "Lord Midford, it is not your choice to decide what Miss Bethany does. Master Ciel has not only requested, but demanded Bethany to live on his estate. I think it would be quite newsworthy if London found that you refused the Queen's loyal watchdog. Then, I guarantee Miss Elizabeth would be able to find a suitor."

My father caved at the politics of it. If Ciel wanted the disabled girl, so be it.

My mother gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, "You are always welcome home."

Sebastian escorted me to the carriage. It started moving towards the Phantomhive estate. I was distraught by all the politics involved. Ciel immediately noticed.

"Are you nervous? I'll be with you. You don't have to worry. Your burden is also mine."

Then he said to Sebastian, "Did they give a fuss?"

"Quite so, my lord. Lady Midford seemed happy, but Lord Midford would have forced Bethany to stay."

"I see." Then to me, "Come here."

Without hesitation, I hugged Ciel and kissed him and cried my emotions out. He held me and rubbed my back. I fell asleep in his arms.