Chapter 7: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

I always thought having a secret agreement with someone would bring me closer to that person; more attached. Like, in the movies I saw. But, with me, it didn’t change a thing. Alex went about his day without even sparing me a glance. Maybe he’d speak to me a few times to make a snide comment, or something, but nothing nice, like I’d previously hoped.

The bus finally stopped at a promenade I was unfamiliar with. Obviously, Drake and Aaron were very familiar with it, because they went straight out of the bus, asking Alex if they could go to a bunch of different stores I’d never heard of before, like they were little kids, and Alex was their dad.

“I thought we were only getting a slice of pizza.” I said, raising a brow.

Alex rolled his eyes, “That’s what I thought, too.” He said eyeing Aaron and Drake angrily.

They both let out a sigh, “Fine, fine. We’ll go get some stupid pizza.” They complained, crossing their arms stubbornly. I swear, they were like childish twins.

The three dragged me through the promenade, weaving through the kiosks and the crowds of shopping and chit-chatting girls. I’d never realized how much I didn’t miss being around these types of girls. The bottle blonde, bimbo-y, fake tan and knock off of designer clothes types of girls. Now, looking at them in person was rather odd. I’d only been at a boy’s only school for two days, but already, they were starting to look like another species. Then again, I kind of missed being around girls, like me, in general. Even though I didn’t have many friends, those I did have were girls. I sighed, realizing how much I missed Violet, Loretta, Michelle and Alice. We were all really close. Like we were 4 sisters and Violet was our dysfunctional mother. It didn’t surprise me she told them I was here at an all boy’s boarding school; she was really close with them too. And it kind of made me jealous she’d be spending so much time with them, and them with Violet, and I wouldn’t.

“Hey,” Alex said, his voice hazy in my one-track mind, grabbing me by the wrist. “Are you okay?”

I snapped myself out of my daze and looked at him, wide eyed. “Y-Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?”

He eyed the group of girls I was staring at before and furrowed his brows, “Well, you almost wandered into that group of girls.” He chuckled, scratching his head.

I looked around, seeing Drake and Aaron almost at the pizza shop. “O-Oh. Cool,” I said, totally detached from anything around me, “L-Let’s just go get some pizza.” I muttered, sliding my wrist out of his grip.

He raised a brow, a bit shocked. “U-Uh…okay?” He said, catching up with me, “You just get weirder and weirder, Sam.” He laughed.

As we caught up with Aaron and Drake in the pizzeria, we all sat down at the nearest table. Aaron and Drake scanned the menu, eagerly looking for something to chow down on. “What are you guys gonna get?” Drake asked eagerly, grinning.

“Pizza?” I said, never knowing there was anything other then pizza at a ‘pizzeria.’ But then again, I never went to a lot of pizzerias in Florida.

“I think I’ll get some too.” Drake said, putting down his menu, “How do you like it?”