Chapter 31: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Alex, have I told you lately that you’re my best friend?”

I widened my eyes at Parker who had both of Alex’s hands clasped inside his own, grinning larger than I thought humanely possible. I entered the classroom, my nails digging into my books as I inched closer to Parker and Alex. I tried my hardest not to make eye contact with Alex. It was too embarrassing after what happened yesterday and I kissed him. Oh god, what if he was mad at me? What if this ruined our friendship? I sighed; I suppose this is what happened when I did things on an impulse. Dammit.

“No, actually. And please, if this is what you’re going to do when you do tell me, let’s keep it that way.” Alex said, seizing his hand back possessively, shoving it in his jacket pocket.

I turned around quickly, wondering what all the commotion was about, and in doing so came eye to eye with Alex again. His blue eyes stared into mine for a split second, and right then I remembered how much more beautiful they looked up close. I tried to snap out of my daze, but I couldn’t. I only felt my heart rate increase the second Alex flashed me a smirk. I felt overjoyed. Maybe he wasn’t mad at me.

“But you’re just such a nice person. And a great friend. And you know, friends like to do each other favors.” Parker said, purposely moving his desk over, closer to Alex by several inches.

Kale flashed me a comical look in his seat next to me, looking as if he was trying to hide laughter. I grinned at him and put my books off to the side.

Alex sighed, “I see how it is. What do you want me to do?”

Parker gasped, “Are you insinuating that I’m only being nice to you to get something out of it?”

“Uh, kinda.” Alex said flatly, like it was obvious.

Parker paused, pursing his lips, “You’re a smart cookie.” He nodded respectfully.

“So what is this all about?” Alex sighed, sinking in his seat, as if he was waiting for disaster to strike.

Parker sighed, fiddling with the hem of his “Hurley” shirt. “Well, it’s kind of about everyone, in a way…” He said, biting his lip nervously.

I raised a brow along with Kale and Alex. We all turned our attention to Parker. I felt something boil up inside me, “What did you do?” I asked stressfully, frowning.

“N-Nothing, really.”

“But you did do something.”

Parker bit his lip nervously, “…Yeah.”

I frowned, “What is it, then?”

Parker grinned sheepishly, “Well…” He said, tapping his fingers nervously on his desk, looking for something to distract him, “How would you all feel if…we all went on a group date?”

My mouth dropped.

“I would feel like barfing!” Alex snarled angrily, digging his nails into the desk.