7 Minutes Left

"Hello darling, how are you today. i brought you some food if you are hungry."I heard a quite sigh as she sat down on the chair next to my bed. Dianna, my foster mother was the only family i had left. She was at my bedside since i had been hospitalized with leukaemia last year. I remember that morning I had woken up late at 9 am and i was two hours late to work. I scrumbled quickly out of my bed, grunting as i stepped on the heel of my shoe. My head felt heavy as it pounded quickly forcing me to sit down. I wanted to ring my boss to tell her I couldn't make it but i had already done that last week. i had to at least make an effort to show up even for half a day, my head still banging as i went to have a shower.

I grabbed my car keys but thought against it. i had to take the bus but when i finally got to work it was 11 am and i felt even worse than i did in the morning.  " You alright babe, you look pale." i turned to face Julianne my boss, she look every concered and i had to smile to stop her from asking more questions. "Of course i'm fine. Just a bad headache i guess" I replied and took a seat at my desk to stop myself from fainting. "You've had that bad headache for too long, you really need to check it out, it could be something bad." she replied looking even more concered.

" I will, I have booked an appointment for next week."  I was tired of everyone telling me to get my headache checked out but I was certain that it was nothing more than a migrane, I had suffered them from a young age so it couldn't really be something bad could it?

At 1am I decided to go home but as I began to head towards the door I felt so faint, my vision became blurry and then the world disappered away like a dream.

i woke lying in a bed tucked in tightly. Too tight. Was I at home? But then I heard voices a male voice and a very familiar voice I had grown up with. Maybe it was a dream, I wanted to wake up but my eyes felt heavy and fatigue. "Darling, careful. Take your time."  Dianna. my eyes pushed open to find my foster mother holding a hand, it was my hand but how comes I didn't feel her hand?

I looked up at my mum, she looked worried, scared even. Her face was not very reassuring, I had grown up to a face always smiling at me. "Whatts wrong mum?" I mumbled looking into her eyes. iI wanted her to tell me everything was fine and that I was just in bed but as I looked into her eyes iI saw that this was not the case. Tears filled her eyes but she quickly wiped them and they were gone as quick as they had appeared. 

"Rebecca, the doctor, the doctor said.." she was strugglung to breath and looking into her eyes she looked destraught and terrified. she took a deep breathe and continued. " The doctor said that you have been diagnosed with leukaemia. You only have a about a year from today to live." she sighed after she had said it. she scanned my face. " A year ffrrom today?" I asked, making sure I had heard correctly. My mother nodded. tears filled my eyes and i began to weep like a small child. My mother took me and craddled me into her arms moving onto the bed with me.

" Mum." 

"Yes baby"

" I won't make mothers day, i'm so sorry mum." as soon as I had finished my mother hugged me tighter

" Baby, you are a strong fighter, fight for your life and I will be there with you every step of the way baby." 

I guess my mother really did mean that. She has kept her promises and as the image faded a new one began. It felt as if I was in a dream. Was I dying? Could I already dead, I once read that just as you are about to die your life comes to you in flash backs, was this it?

****** If you like this book please comment below.Thank you for reading this book. Will update soon x  Nora x ******** By the way guys which celebrity do you think Josh should be...comment or message me.***