Chapter 10: Prepare The Food The Morning After

I felt something warm against the side of my face.

My eyes fluttered open to try and see what it was, but I was quickly blinded by the rays of sun that were piercing through the large windows. "Jesus." I hissed, trying to shield my eyes.

"It's not God coming back for the rapture, Elle, it's the sun. Even if it was, I'm pretty sure you'd be one of the few left behind."

Well damn, Lumiere. Shots fired.

Wait.

"Why the hell are you in my room?" I asked, practically shooting up into an upright position against my headboard. My eyes were wide with sleep deprivation.

"I was sent here by Mr. DeGramont to make sure you, uh, slept okay." He replied a little awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to remember what could have happened last night to have him worry. I recalled waking up to the sound of the piano...

Following the music into a room where I found Mr. DeGramont playing. I think I sat for a bit to listen to him play. Had I fallen asleep? But then, how did I make my way back to my bedroom? Did he carry me?

My face heated up at the thought of Mr. DeGramont holding me in his arms-

"You really should get up soon. Breakfast is supposed to be served in the next fifteen minutes." Lumiere announced, pulling me out of my thought.

"Wait what?" I asked, blinking up at him.

"It's 7:15." He replied nonchalantly.

Shitshitshitshitshit!

I threw the comforter up off my body and jolted to life.

I swear to god, who the hell even eats this early?

"What can you prepare in 15 minutes?" Lumiere asked, as he followed me out into the hallway.

"Maybe a Belgium Waffle? The mix takes a short amount of time to prepare." I nodded, entering the kitchen with Lumiere shortly behind me.

"Well, I'm at your disposal. Tell me what to grab." Lumiere nodded, washing his hands after me as I pulled the waffle maker out from the cupboard. Ugh, I could serious just live in this kitchen.

"Could you pull out the pecans from that cupboard over there? And a banana from the fridge as well." I instructed, pulling out the measuring spoons and ingredients.

"Are we working off a recipe?" Lumiere asked, as he set the pecans and the banana on the counter beside me while I stirred up the batter.

"No, it's one of the few recipes I have engraved in my soul. It's what my mother used to make for me when I was younger." I replied, pulling out some cream and confectioners sugar.

"Oh wow. Maybe you'll consider making them for me some time."

"I'd love to." I nodded, adding both the sugar and the cream together, to create a delicious icing for the waffle.

-

I approached the head of the table with the food in hand and did quite literally everything in my power not to just die from how perfect yet frightening Mr. DeGramont looked.

Like every single damn day, this man was terrifyingly gorgeous, yet so intimidating. His looks must have fit so well with his line of work.

He glanced up from his phone once he noticed me approaching, and his eyes caught mine. They were no longer as cold as I initially thought they were, and I couldn't stop my cheeks from heating up as he stared at me with those softened blue irises.

"I know a cooking uniform wasn't in the agreement... But why are you still in your nightwear?" He asked, breaking eye contact to slide the utensils out of the napkin.

"How did you know this was my-" I stopped myself short, remembering I was wearing the same thing last night. "Right." I whispered, poring more cranberry juice into his glass. I swear I saw the corners of his mouth curl up into a slight smile, but before I could confirm that, he tilted his head back down to his food.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, directing his attention back to his phone.

"I-" I stopped myself short, taken back by the question. "I did, thank you." I nodded, picking up the cover of the plate.

"It's come to my attention, that you were hoping to go grocery shopping." He spoke, looking up from his phone to make eye contact with me once again. My heart had started to beat sporadically by his intense gaze.

"I- Yes, I was hoping to pick up some fresh produce." I replied.

"Maxwell had some... Business to attend to. I have a meeting in a few hours, but I would be willing to drive you before then. If you still wanted to go, that is." He added.

"Y-Yes. That would be great, thank you." I nodded, leaning against one of the dining room chairs to stop myself from doing something stupid like fainting.

"Okay. I have a few things to take care of this morning. We'll leave at around 9, so you have some time to shower and get ready." He broke the eye contact finally, to take a bite of the breakfast. I started to walk back towards the kitchen, but his words stopped me again.

"Elle?" He called, causing me to turn around. "This is  good." He spoke, nodding towards the food.

Hold it together hold it together hold it together.

"You too." I replied.

Well done, Elle. Well fucking done.

I caught a glimpse of another glorious smile playing at his lips as I made my way to the kitchen to shoot myself. You too? Really?

As I entered, I noticed Mrs. Potts was sitting at the table as Lumiere started washing the used dishes. I could tell by the way they both looked at me, they heard Mr. DeGramont and I's conversation in the dining room. I was just waiting for first one to speak.

"You too." Lumiere commented under his breath, grinning like a maniac, at the pot he was washing.

I could have guessed it would have been him.

••