Chapter 20: Prepare The Food With Time Himself

Where in all bloody hell is my naked make up pallet?!

I was currently sitting on my bathroom floor, rummaging through all my makeup for this freaking eyeshadow pallet. There was only about 15 minutes until Maxwell was supposed to come pick me up for the event tonight and I hadn't even gotten into the fucking dress yet.

This make up pallet was literally my life and I felt like the lord himself was really looking out for a girl when I spotted it behind my hair curler.

I pulled out the pallet and got to blending various nudes and natural colors onto the base of my eyelids before coming in with a chocolatey brown for my crease. I then pulled out some of the make up Stefan had bought for me, to match my dress.

I still couldn't get over the whole conversation that had happened at Sephora the day before...

"What's this for?" Stefan asked, holding up a pink blush pallet.

"It's blush for your cheeks." I replied.

"Blush? Doesn't your face just naturally do that?"

"Well yes," I replied, "but sometimes women want their cheeks to look rosy consistently."

"Okay. And these are..."

"False eyelashes, Stefan, false eyelashes."

"Okay, and why do you need these?" He asked, flipping the packaging over.

"Because I barely have any eyelashes to begin with." I explained, trying on a few different highlighters on my arm.

"Right right right. This is lipstick right?"

"Mascara." I corrected.

"How the bloody hell can you tell?! The packaging looks identical." Stefan gasped astonishingly.

"Oh my god, Stefan." I chuckled. He looked like a kid in a candy store.

"Is this sparkly pink shit also a blush?"

"No, that's highlighter." I corrected again.

"Like, what does it do?" He asked, now mesmerized by the shimmery powder.

"You use it on your cheek bones and nose to add light to your face, and a bit of shimmer."

"But... But it's pink."

"Yes, well, it looks very pretty on. Here, I'll show you." I nodded, taking a testing brush and expertly adding a light layer to my face.

"Excuse me, miss?" Stefan asked, calling a Sephora worker over, "I'll take two of that pink sparkly shit."

"The highlighter?" She asked, unable to mask the grin that broke out across her face.

"Yes, that. And whatever the hell she's got going on with her eyelids." Stefan added.

"Eyeliner?" She offered, shooting me a knowing smile.

"Yes. Oh, and I saw some gold glittery stuff too. What do you do with that?" He asked.

"You use an adhesive to put it on your eyelid." She explained, showing him a demonstrative picture.

"I'll take two of those as well." He nodded to her, as she disappeared to gather all the items. "Ooh! And what this, Elle?" Stefan asked, pointing to another object on the vanity.

"That's... A marker."

"For like, your eyebrows?" He asked.

"For like, paper, Stefan." I replied, unable to stop the chuckles as he glanced away embarrassingly.