Chapter Three ☼ Is There Somewhere

I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight.
I didn't mean to fall in love tonight.
You're looking like you fell in love tonight.
Could we pretend that we're in love?
-Halsey / Is There Somewhere

He Tian was quite literally getting blood everywhere. He dropped the groceries next to Hong Fa, who still was sprawled on the ground, and dripped his way to the sink.

"Fucking bastards," he hissed.

The red haired boy could be heard rustling behind him as he dragged the groceries into the kitchen and started digging around in the freezer. The freezer door then closed with a snick and a bag of frozen peas was deposited onto the counter next to He Tian.

"I'm not staying the night."

"Don't act like you have a choice," He Tian grumbled, staring into the sink and watching his blood drip down, spattering against the silver.

Hong Fa pulled a dishrag from a drawer, wrapping it around the bag of peas and pushing it at He Tian more forcefully, "Stop just letting it bleed everywhere, you idiot. Put this on it."

Despite the glower he gave the red head, He Tian gradually took the frozen bag of peas and rag, lifting it to his bloody face. He hissed as the cold made his nose throb, but upon tilting his head back it already felt like the bleeding was slowing.

"I suppose the nose bleed is my own fault, but I don't regret head butting that bastard. I'd actually like to do it continuously until he passes out."

Hong Fa shot a nervous glance to the door. And to think that the idiot wanted to leave, a glance down at the boy's shaking hands told He Tian that he was scared shitless. There was no way he'd even dare to go back out without He Tian.

"Who were they?"

"Unimportant."

"I'll guess I'll just go back out and ask them then."

Anger bubbled up in He Tian's throat, and he slammed the peas into the sink noisily, "By all means, please do it."

It made the red haired boy flinch, and he sighed, "Okay, so I'm not actually going out. But I deserve to know. They knew that I worked for you, they called me a maid. And you're still bleeding, put the rag back on."

"I'm aware that my nose is still bleeding."

Instead of listening to Hong Fa, he crossed his arms sullenly over his blood stained shirt, letting his nose drip freely. And then with a bold lunge that He Tian wasn't expecting, Hong Fa grabbed the rag and frozen pea bag from the sink, gripped He Tian by the back of the neck, and forcefully placed the rag back onto He Tian's nose.

Out of reflex from having his neck grabbed, He Tian grabbed Hong Fa by his red hair, yanking away and drawing his fist back to hit the boy. Hitting him out of something other than playfulness would have made He Tian feel guilty, so he thankfully caught himself, "You cannot just grab me like that unless you want a limb broken."

Hong Fa tossed the bloody rag and peas roughly at He Tian, "I was only trying to help- you know what, fuck you, I'd rather get jumped by the two bastards outside. I'm leaving. Make your own food, let your nose gush blood all over, I don't care."

Slight concern inched it's way into He Tian as Hong Fa genuinely looked like he was preparing to leave the apartment. He shouldn't have even cared if the boy wanted to walk right into the hands of the fucking mafia, wanted to get himself killed, but he did care. He cared enough to drip blood on his shag carpet as he rushed to catch the red head's arm just as the boy was moving to grab his backpack.