Chapter 10 ☼ Strange Love

They think I'm insane
They think my lover is strange
But I don't have to fucking tell them anything
Anything
Halsey / Strange Love

"Stop chewing on your pencil like that."

"Fuck off."

"It's making me want to kiss you, you fucker."

Hong Fa pulled the pencil from his mouth and launched it across his kitchen at He Tian, "There, dickhead."

Things felt so simple. So relaxed and care free, and He Tian was loving it. It'd been two weeks since they'd started "dating", and despite having spent everyday including weekends together, He Tian still had yet to grow tired of the red haired boy.

Hong Fa was sitting at his kitchen table, gripping another pencil in his hand as he glared down at a homework assignment. He Tian found it... cute... that the boy's brow was almost always furrowed into a scowl. It made it much better to see him smile.

He Tian picked up the pencil that had been thrown, carrying it back over to Hong Fa and leaning down into the boy's face.

"Just one stab with your pencil could take me out, you know," He Tian smirked. "My weaker ribs are facing you."

"I'm going to kick you out of my house," Hong Fa pushed He Tian's face away with the palm of his hand. "My mom will kill me if I don't get my grades up."

The curl of Hong Fa's lip was far too tempting, and He Tian leaned to press a kiss to the corner of the boy's mouth. Hong Fa grumbled, but he turned into the kiss.

"There," He Tian hummed. "Now, if you truly want me to shut up, make me egg custard."

The boy ignored him. He seemed to have gotten rather decent at ignoring He Tian when He Tian was purposely trying to be annoying. He Tian noisily pulled a chair next to Hong Fa, straddling it backwards so he could run a finger up and down Hong Fa's arm.

"That tickles, cut it out."

"Make me egg custard," He Tian repeated.

"You know where to find shit, make it yourself," Hong Fa shook He Tian off. "Get away."

"I'll do your work if you make me egg custard."

Hong Fa slammed a fist down on the table,  "You can do advanced calculus?"

"Let me see," He Tian scooted closer to Hong Fa, leaning in to look at the sheet and book that rested on the table. "Oh yeah. Easy."

"Easy?" Hong Fa scoffed.

"Yeah, you're integrating exponential functions. Easy," He Tian shrugged. Calculus and algebra were second nature to him, he'd studied them quite a bit when he was younger. He'd wanted to work for CNSA, go to space and leave the shit hole that was earth. But that dream had been crushed. He was destined to be miserable.

"If you seriously can do this for me, I'll fucking make you so much egg custard."

"Deal."

He Tian completed Hong Fa's work in mere minutes, fixing anything he had gotten incorrect, and it left him free to pester the boy. If he pressed up close to look over his shoulder, it would make Hong Fa make his coined frustrated snort and start throwing his bony elbows.

"There's no way you're done!" Hong Fa's eyes narrowed. "If you bullshitted me and I fail that assignment I'm cutting your ribs back open."

He Tian simply rested his chin on Hong Fa's shoulder, practically gluing himself to the boy's body, "If you get more than three wrong I'll let you do whatever you want to me."