Chapter 20

=========
Chapter 20
=========

*One week later*
Katie's P.O.V

"You are my sunshine, my little sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray...." Hannah sang 'You are my sunshine' as she used some crayons that Hunter had given her to draw on the floor. I had been singing her that song every night to put her to sleep. The song gave me a sense of comfort as my mother used to sing it to me.

"Katie look!" Hannah shouts excitedly and points to her drawing. I looked at the drawing and it was surprisingly really good. I could tell that Hannah enjoyed drawing and wasn't that bad at it. "It's me and you." she says and I pull her into a hug.

"It's beautiful." I tell her and she smiles.

"Katie I really like being here with you but when can I go home? I really miss my parents and my dog Sam." Hannah says and my heart broke at how sad she sounded. I couldn't really promise her that she will be going home because I didn't know the answer to that.

"You have a dog? I love dogs, tell me more about him." I say to distract her. Hannah described his looks and what she played with him and eventually she fell asleep, hopefully, she was dreaming about happier things like her puppy.

I couldn't understand why she had to be in this mess, maybe later I would ask Hunter why his client returned her. I just wish she had never come to the house that day, maybe she would be at home watching Disney movies with her parents or playing with her dog in her backyard, things children should be doing not sleeping in a cellar. I fell asleep after a few hours, thinking about how messed up the world around me is.

===========

*A few hours later*

I woke up after a few hours to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and quickly checked to make sure that Hannah was still there, she was still sleeping next to me and I sighed with relief. I looked up to see Noah standing there and I quickly sat up.

"What do you want?" I ask and pulled Hannah closer to me.

"Drop that attitude. Hunter says you and the girl need to come outside." Noah says and I give him a puzzled look.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because although he hates you, he doesn't want you and the girl to die of lack of Vitamin D just yet. No one comes around this part of town anyway, so no one will see you." He states and I reluctantly wake Hannah up.

"We are going outside'' I tell her as she rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"Are we going home?" She asks with hope and my heart breaks as I shake my head. I stand up and pick up Hannah. He grabs me by my elbow roughly and I sent him a glare.

"Please don't be like this in front of Hannah." I whisper to him but he just smirks and leads us upstairs.

As we walked upstairs I heard the sound of a key jingling in my pocket and I suddenly remember that I had snatched them last week. I hoped that Noah hadn't heard but halfway through the living room he stopped and looked over to me with an angry expression. I held Hannah close to my body, afraid of him hurting her. He put his hand into my pocket and my heart sunk as he pulled out the key.

"Noah I can explain." I say although I knew that he wouldn't listen to me.

"What's taking so long?" Chris asks as he steps inside.

"This one has a few tricks up her sleeve." He says as holds up the key.

"Well, well, well, did someone not learn her lesson from us last week?" Chris asks with a smirk.