Chapter 30

========
Chapter 30
========

Katies p.o.v

"Mommy, can you pleaseee come to our soccer game?" My six-year-old son Angelo begged.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top." My four-year-old son Donte added.

"I would love too but you both know I am very busy so I won't be able to come," I tell them as I pack apple slices into their little snack bags.

"You never come out with us! This is why I like dad more!" Angelo says as he stomps away from me and Donte follows after him.

A tear ran down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. It broke my heart to see them like that and to not be able to go. Maybe Matteo would let me go just this once. It was worth asking. I walked up the many stairs and down the hall. I was pretty sure he was with Amber, my little girl. I walked into the room and there he was holding her.

"She's beautiful isn't she," Matteo says as he rocks her. She was. She is getting so big now as she reached 5 months. I nodded in response.

"The boys are asking if I can come to watch them play today. Would that be okay with you?" I asked nervously.

"Nope. You know the rules. You already tried to leave me once."

"That was one time 5 years ago, I promise I would never do something like that again. I wasn't thinking straight."

"Kitten you already know my answer. You have to stay with Amber." A tear rolled down my cheek. I just wanted to see my boys play soccer but instead, I was stuck inside being controlled by him. "I really hope she gets my personality and not yours. I want my little
girl to be strong."

It broke my heart whenever he would call the children his, almost trying to disregard that they have anything to do with me.

"Stop crying. Do you want my children to see how weak you are?" He gave Amber to me and stood up. I placed her gently in her crib and caressed her little chubby cheek.

"I just want to be involved in their lives. I would never leave my children." He slapped me across the cheek and left me stunned.

"Enough of that! You have done it before and now I no longer trust you. What I say is final." I heard little footsteps approaching and I quickly wiped my tears.

"Mommy look I found my lucky socks!" Donte stated excitedly as he ran over to hug me.

"That's great sweetie now you have an amazing time at your game and score big goals for mommy," I told him and he nodded excitedly before running out of the room.

"I want to come home to a clean house and a nice meal." I just nodded because I have learned that there is no point in arguing with him.

I quickly shot up from bed shaking. It was just a dream. No, not a dream, more like a nightmare. If I did not get out of here than that might actually be my life in the next 7 years. I had not realized that I had gone to sleep and I was still all ready for the day. I quickly brushed my hair and placed it into a neat ponytail.

I needed to go and find Marco and see how the whole plan was coming along. I found him in his room as usual. He was sitting on his bed on his phone and I crawled on to the bed to sit beside him. He smiled when he saw me. Somehow we have developed a little bit of a friendship, I did not entirely trust him though. After all, he still is a part of the family that is not letting me go home.

"I've found somewhere that we can go and it's beautiful. It's on a lake and the house looks really spacious." He told me and my eyes went wide with excitement. A few minutes passed and it was nice to just sit back and relax because he never forced me to do any tasks, he just let me be me.