Chapter 27

=========
Chapter 27
=========
Katie's P.O.V

It had been a long day today and I could not wait to go to sleep. That has been my mindset for a few weeks now. It got very boring here as I seemed to do the same task every day. There was something had been on my mind lately and I knew I had to attempt to ask Marco but I had no idea what the outcome was going to be.

"Marco....could I call my mother?" I ask and his head whips towards me. "I won't tell her anything, I just haven't spoken to her in a year and I miss hearing her voice so much."

" Katie as much as I want to, you know I can't let you do that." I had been expecting this answer but it still made me feel upset.

" I understand but I promise it not because I'm going to tell her anything I just can't sleep at night wondering if I'll ever hear her voice again. I never said goodbye to her."

"Well... alright you can but make it quick." As soon as he said that I could not contain my excitement. I jumped into his arms and hugged him, he was tense at first but relaxed and I let go. I kept telling him thank you, I couldn't believe I was going to talk to my mother.

"You can use this phone, it can't be tracked and put it on speaker." My heart sank a bit, I was hoping the call could be traced by the cops or something like that, but I guess that would be too easy. I told him the number and my heart raced as the phone rang. Someone picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" It was my mother's soft voice that I haven't heard in a year. The sound brought me so much joy.

"Mom?! It's Katie." I could barely contain my excitement.

"My baby girl?! My baby girl is alive? Katie honey where are you? I'll come get you right now? Are you hurt? Baby talk to me." My mom was flying off questions and I felt sick just thinking that I had to tell her I wasn't coming home.

"I miss you so much mom. I wish I could come home, I want you to stay strong and just know that I am okay." I tell her as I hold back tears.

"Tell me where you are please." I could hear my mom crying and it broke my heart. I heard the front door open downstairs and I knew Matteo and Lorenzo had returned home. Marco whispered that my time was up and a tear slid down my cheek.

"I wish I could but I can't, just know that I love you so much, mom." I was about to hang up but I knew I had to add in one last thing. "Mom, I know who killed dad it was Ma- " Marco immediately snatched the phone out of my hand and hung up. I gasped as his hands flew to my arms and pulled me closer.

"You said no names." His voice was dripping with anger and it gave me chills.

"You don't know who I was going to say." I had been trying to tell my mom that Mason was out of jail now, I wasn't sure if I was too late but I know he could harm them.

" I trusted you. Had that been your plan all along? Do you realize the damage you could have caused." His grip on my arms continued to tighten and I could feel his nails digging into my skin.

"I... didn't mean to I'm sorry." I realized over my stay with Marco that although he was nice, he had this anger inside of him. There was no point in arguing with him when he got like this. I could feel his nails digging deeper into my arms and I knew it was starting to bleed."Please let go of me."

He did let go and I pulled my arms up to my chest that was in fact bleeding and I made sure that he saw that. He opened his mouth to say something but his door whipped open and Matteo stalked in with his cocky smile.

"Well hello, you two."

"Leave us alone Matteo."

"Chill brother I've just come to borrow a shirt and Katie." He smirks when he says my name.