Chapter 7: Don't Let Me Down

On our way back to the village from Wave country, Sakura wouldn't stop fawning over Sasuke

"My baby's alive," she cheered frequently much to his annoyance. "I would've died without you...Like Romeo and Juliet..."

Sasuke wouldn't acknowledge her or anyone else for that matter. Naruto and I were the only ones talking, happily chatting about the parts of the battle we both missed. Kakashi kept stealing curious glances at me, and I wondered what he was thinking about.

"How about a date now, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked when we reached the gates of Konoha. "Life's too short not to."

"No," Sasuke retorted, rolling his eyes. "We should be busy training. That last mission kicked all of our asses. We need to be ready for anything."

"Never stop!" Naruto agreed, hopping at least three feet in the air. "I mean, unless Sakura wants to go on a date with me..."

He looked at Sakura hopefully. Naruto, why are you so obsessed with Sakura? I thought in my head.

"UGH! I asked Sasuke!" Sakura groaned. "NOT YOU!" 

Sakura and Naruto then continued to argue about dating, beginning with Naruto listing reasons why Sakura should go out with him.

"...I'm an awesome ninja, I have cute whiskers, I'm super strong, I'm the next Hokage..."

Kakashi eyed me. "How do you fit into this weird love triangle?" he sighed, pointing at my three teammates.

"What? Me? No way," I said, crossing my arms.

"Good. I need one other sane person."

"I'm sane," Sasuke said, annoyed.

"....My smile, I'm funny, I'm a blonde bombshell..."

"I like Sasuke-kun's hair," Sakura said, batting her eyelashes at Sasuke who continued to ignore her. "Black hair is the best."

"We kind of have a rainbow going on here," I remarked, noticing the pink, black, blonde, white, and red hair on each of us. "And Sasuke's hair literally pales in comparison to Kakashi's. Am I right?"