Chapter 10: Nothing More Than Strangers

I searched for hours that day for Sasuke and Naruto in the Forest of Death

I searched for hours that day for Sasuke and Naruto in the Forest of Death. I didn't even know how much of the exam was even left. I couldn't have been out more than a day, right? How bad had that seal jutsu been? Were Naruto and Sasuke also searching for me?

I crouched down, panting, taking a break around late afternoon. I was beginning to feel hopeless and I knew that wasn't going to help me get anywhere.

I started looking again, trying to guide my direction by my instincts from inside. After twenty or so minutes, I suddenly spotted a humungous tree that had large roots crawling all over the ground. I jumped to the ground to check it out, getting a strange feeling about it.

When I got closer, I gasped. I could clearly make out the orange and navy clothed bodies of Naruto and Sasuke under the tree, unconscious and side-by-side. Had Sasuke been able to get them to shelter in his condition?

All of a sudden, I heard voices behind me. I literally came here just in time.

"There she is," and I whipped around to face the owner of the voice.

Three Sound ninjas stood in front of me, two male and one female. The girl shouted, "There's Sasuke!" pointing under the tree.

I began to feel myself heat up, summoning my steam from within. My encounter with Kokuo had been strange, but it had increased my confidence for what I was capable of. With a tailed beast, I had almost unlimited chakra if I could learn to harness it.

"We're here for Sasuke-kun," said one of the male Sound ninja. "Kindly step aside."

He stepped forward threateningly.

One...

"No," I said, my thoughts elsewhere, summoning my chakra and getting ready to strike.

Two...

"Then face the consequences," the female Nin said, putting her hands together for a jutsu.

NOW!

My steam rushed from my body at once, hitting all three Sound ninja with a loud whoosh. They were blown backwards, off their feet. They hit trees with a loud thump and didn't get up right away.