Chapter 9: When Can I See You Again?

"So now what?" I said an hour after the second part of the Chuunin exam had began

"So now what?" I said an hour after the second part of the Chuunin exam had began. Sasuke, Naruto and I had found what seemed to be a safe dense area of the forest surrounded by large rocks to hide out and make camp. "We wait?"

"I can't believe we found this spot," Naruto was muttering excitedly, peeking through a crack in the rock to see beyond the rock mound. "This is perfect. I knew we should've listened to Ai and went left in the beginning! She was totally right! I mean, she said to go left, but she was so right!"

Sasuke's eye was already twitching from being around Naruto for an extended period of time. "I wonder if any teams are out of the game yet," he wondered out loud, looking up at the sky for some reason.

"This isn't the Hunger Games," I said, rolling my eyes. "They're not gonna broadcast the fallen tributes in the sky."

Both of them stared me with puzzlement. "What the hell are the Hunger Games?" Sasuke demanded.

Naruto's stomach growled. "I sure am hungry..."

World mix-up. Oops.

"Forget it," I mumbled, looking away.

Suddenly, we heard loud moaning like guys were in pain, echoing throughout the trees. The moans turned into louder screams of torture. It was so loud it reached us in our cove. We all shivered, trying to ignore it until it finally faded away.

"What was that?" Naruto asked, holding his head. "That sounded terrifying."

"Someone's already been scouting out scrolls," I whispered, instinctively putting my hand to my belt to rest on a kunai.

"Five days of this," Sasuke groaned. "Constant fear. Constant anticipation. Constant stress." He looked at Naruto. "Constant him."

"Who has the scroll?" Naruto asked. "I definitely didn't have it so if it's lost already, it's not my fault."

"I'm gonna hold onto it," Sasuke said, tucking it in his shirt.