Piper VI

Piper stared at Thalia for a moment.

"I don't believe you. Percy kidnapped? He's the son of Poseidon, for gods sake!"

Thalia tilted her head, then said,
"You know what, Piper? Screw that. That's the Chiron version. The truth is that, wait, did you know, the Hecate demigods manipulate the Mist?"

Piper nodded.

"Good. Well, while the whole camp was fooled, and in the meantime, severely hurt; Annabeth and Percy were the only two left. Luke threatened to leave us all for dead and also kill Annabeth if Percy does not imply to his deal: to leave camp and follow him. Percy, with his fatal flaw of loyalty, immediately left. We all got back alive is only because Percy gave up his freedom."

Piper's mouth widened.

She felt a pang of guilt rush into her.

For all that time, Piper had thought Percy as a not-really-handsome and weak (mentally) demigod. She hadn't really understood why would Annabeth date him. Now, she could see, Percy would do anything for his friends. And by that, she really meant ANYTHING. Piper couldn't say if it were a good thing or a bad thing. Good for his friends, not really benefiting Percy though.

Percy wouldn't be so stupid to think that Luke just wanted to have a cup of nice hot tea with him, did he?
Another thought flashed into Piper's brain.

And that's why Annabeth looked like she wanted to kill herself.
If Jason were threatened to leave with Luke, Piper would rather drown herself than face this torture of losing her boyfriend.

"Oh gods... I don't know what to say..."

"Me neither. But when he comes back, I'll slap him. Look what's he done to camp! Every heart broken, with worried demigods. And look at Annabeth! Look what he's done... That kelp head..." A tear fell out of Thalia's eye. "I'm sorry, can you excuse me for a moment?"

Piper left the cabin and walked to Annabeth, who was sitting on the beach alone, hands on her face. Piper knelt down.

"Annabeth?"

Annabeth looked up.

Her eyes were red and puffy. She's been crying for a long long time, obviously. 

Piper leaned over and hugged Annabeth.

"I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay," Annabeth croaked. "He'll be back, Piper. He'll be back."

Piper looked into Annabeth's grey eyes. They were filled with sadness and despair.

Piper felt heartbroken to see her best friend like this.

"Annabeth..."

Annabeth forced a smile.

"He's going to come back. I'm sure. He promised."

Piper sighed.

"Can I have your shoulder?"

"Sorry, what?"

"I want to lean on your shoulder, can I?" Annabeth asked quietly.

Never in Piper's life has she seen Annabeth so vulnerable. Now Annabeth looked so fragile, if Piper just slightly poked her it'll look like she'll break apart.

"Of course."

Annabeth leaned on Piper's shoulder.

"He'll come back, right?"

Piper didn't answer until Annabeth started to snore lightly.

"You'll never know, Annabeth. You'll never know."

Author's note: so sorry I didn't upload yesterday :( and oh my gods 300 views! :D so happy. First time ever xP thank you all, really love you guys <3 I give dedication to people who read my story :) if you all wanted to know... Thank you for reading! Peace out for now :P