Leo XXIII

“-I swear! He didn’t kill himself! I swear to the gods!” 

“Miss Levesque, please calm down!” 

“I can’t calm down when I know Travis is in danger!”

Silence.

“Hazel…” Leo broke the silence. “Travis…He’s dead.” 

Hazel’s eyes widened. 

“Sorry, what?” 

“He’s dead, Hazel.” 

Hazel leaned back on her pillow, her shocked look frozen on her face. 

“No… not after that…” 

“I’m sorry, Hazel. It’s just… it happened.” Chiron sighed sadly. “We can’t do anything anymore.”

“Where’s Hazel? HAZEL!” It was Frank. 

“Yo, hey, buddy. She’s here.” Leo stepped aside to let Frank pass. Frank walked (on crutches) to Hazel and crouched down beside her. 

“Hazel? You okay? Anything broken?” Frank gripped her hand tightly. Hazel looked at Frank, her shocked look still written on her face. 

“Frank, you believe me right?” 

“Huh? Believe what?”

“Travis. He didn’t kill himself!”

Frank looked like he wanted to say something, but stopped himself. 

“Uh… Hazel… yeah. I believe you. Of course.” 

Hazel’s shocked look loosened and she smiled. 

“Thank you… now he can rest in peace.” 

She closed her eyes. 

Will Solace stepped out from the crowd.

“She’s in shock. She’s got trauma. It’ll be gone in a while, but she’ll have to rest. I also advice you to rest in your bed, if you want that leg to heal.” 

Frank nodded. 

“Okay.” 

He (in crutches) walked back to his hospital bed and went back to rest. 

“We’ve examined Travis’s body. He killed himself. The blood on the knife he was holding matched his own blood and the blood on the wound. Also, there were no other fingerprints on the knife.” Malcolm suddenly stepped out, holding a stack of papers. “However… we also found…”

“Oh my gods! Everyone! You have to come look at this!” Mark from the Ares cabin was shouting. 

Everyone ran out of the infirmary. Everyone gasped.

Leo pushed his way to the front. 

Katie.

Her body. 

On her chest was a knife wound, her blood already dried. 

And on her hand was a knife. 

Like Travis.

Did they die the same way? 

Unless… 

Leo’s mind flashed back to when he broken down the door and found out Travis was dying. 

The gunshots. 

Then the truth dawned on Leo. 

“Now it all makes sense!” he cried. Everyone looked at him. 

“You heartless person!” a demigod gasped.

“No, you don’t see it.” Leo shook his head. “They were killed. I’m sure.” 

“How can you be sure?” Chiron asked. “It’s not like you saw them die.” 

“Well, how could they die the same way?” Leo questioned. 

“Actually, Leo is right.” Malcolm suddenly said. “I just wanted to tell you all that there is a bullet in Travis’s heart.”

AN: I have a test tomorrow :( AND IT'S MATHS. And I am really bad at Maths. I promise I will give you all a really long chapter tomorrow :) So, I'm sorry that you only get a small chapter today :(