Percy XVI

Percy almost felt relieved when Kronos stuck that dagger into his back.

He didn't know how he could keep on with that smile and laugh any longer. It pains him to see his Annabeth. His Wise Girl, so sad. He wanted to run to her and hug her and give her a kiss on the cheek, like he would give her every night before they go to bed. He missed her.

And he knew it pained her so much to see him in this condition. 

Kronos had basically been letting him easy these few days. Like he was preparing for the ultimate torture or something. Percy would shiver in pain every time that blade touches his skin. 

"Seems like you can't really keep that upbeat attitude all the time, huh? Trying to impress them?" Kronos was laughing. 

"Trying to soothe them." Percy corrected. "I'm not cold-blooded, Kronos. I'm not like you." 

Kronos narrowed his eyes at Percy's comment. 

"I'm letting you go this time, weakling. Don't try any moves on me. Anyways, I'm leaving you for now. Enjoy your pain!" 

The door slammed shut. Percy shivered in contact with the wind.

Pathetic. Percy thought. You're the hero of Olympus and you shiver when you feel the wind. Just pathetic

Percy closed his eyes in thought. 

Annabeth is right. What would Kronos do to him? Kill him? Most definitely not now; use him? But how? Kronos talked about using him to destroy camp. Was he joking? Or was he serious? And using him as host? Percy would never allow that.

There was a creak of the door opening. 

Gods, not again. Percy braced himself. 

"Hey, Percy." someone whispered. 

Percy looked up. 

"Katie?" 

There was Katie Gardner, in a dark hood, walking closer to him.

"Shh… be quiet. I'll get you out of here." 

"Uh… how?" Percy whispered back.

"Like this." 

Suddenly there were vines attacking the metal chains, and soon, they broke off.

"Oh my gods, Katie…"

"Go on! Run!" 

"I-I can't move my legs." 

Katie grabbed Percy's hand, pulled him to his legs, and hastily placed a hooded-cloak on top of him. 

"Hold on tight and run like you're escaping death."

"I am escaping death."

"Oh, Percy, just…run!

They ran together, holding hands, with Katie supporting Percy, and hid behind pillars and walls when they saw demigods. They easily got to the exit. They kept on running.

"I got your message." Katie suddenly whispered.

"What message?" Percy whispered. 

Katie tilted her head. 

"You told me…"

All of a sudden there was a snap sound and Katie collapsed on the grassy ground, unconscious. 
"Katie!" Percy struggled to carry Katie around his neck. He staggered to run to the nearby farmland. 

Snap! Percy dodged and he saw a thin needle of some sort flying past his ear. 

He placed Katie gently within the crops.

"Come on, cover her!" 

The crops seemed to imply to Percy's requests and covered Katie among the wheats.

Maybe because Katie was the daughter of Demeter. The goddess of harvest. 

Snap! Percy dodged again. 

"Thank you. Protect her." 

He turned around.

Should he run? If he did, would Kronos invade camp again? And hurt his friends? 
Snap! Percy Jackson fell to the ground.