Annabeth XXXVIII

Annabeth ran to Percy’s side. 

“Percy?” Annabeth was trembling. “Percy! Please! I’m so scared! What’s happening? Oh my gods, Percy, please come back!” she hugged his lifeless body and buried her head into his bare chest. “Percy… please don’t die.” 

Will came running into the infirmary. 

“Holy...” He ran towards Percy and attached a few tubes on Percy’s body. “Annabeth, I-M Apollo!” 

“What?” she screamed. “Wasn’t he with you?” 

Will shook his head. 

Annabeth turned on a nearby tap and threw a drachma into the running water. 

“Oh Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, show me Apollo!” 

Sally Jackson appeared in front of Annabeth. 

“Wha-?” 

“Annabeth! This is the worst time…!” Poseidon appeared next to a furious-looking Sally, who seemed to pale at the sight of Percy.

“Percy! Oh my Percy…” Sally started to sob mournfully. “Now look what you’ve done! All he’s asked for a peaceful life, and I even asked you to protect him! Now, what happened? He’s dying!” Sally peered behind Annabeth. “Wait, what’s that beside Percy… Oh no… I can’t… he’s DEAD?!” 

Sally Jackson fainted. 

“Now, see? I knew my presence was useful!” Apollo stepped into the screen next to Poseidon. “She’s fainted! My predictions are correct!” 

“Yes, yes, please shut up and help her.” Poseidon said, massaging his temples. “I’m not used to such pressure all in one day.” he sighed, and plopped down on a nearby sofa. 

“Gods dammit, HELLO?” Annabeth shouted into the I-M, Poseidon and Apollo jumping at the same time. “Can’t you see? Percy’s dead...” The tears that were held back for so long were pouring out of her eyes. “He’s dead…” 

Suddenly, the heart-rate monitor gave out a small ‘beep’. 

Will yelped. 

“Oh my gods! He’s still alive!” Will immediately ran to Percy and started to press another few buttons. Annabeth hastily died her tears and ran towards Percy. 

“Percy?” she said, softly. “Percy, do you hear me?” No response. 

“Please come back.” Annabeth gripped his hand. “Don’t leave me. I-I can’t survive if you left me. You promised, right? You promised to come back…” Then Annabeth realised that Percy did actually do what he promised. He came back as Kronos, but Annabeth almost killed him with the scythe, and now he’s REALLY dying, in which Annabeth is near to collapsing. 

She cursed. If only she could see that it was a trap, and not let Luke invade Camp… this all would not happen. 

Tears started running down Annabeth’s face again. This was bad. Annabeth couldn't control her emotions now. All her life she’s been trained to never show her fear, never let anyone know nor see her feelings. She started opening herself up to Percy since the first day she met him, but she could always control her tears. 

Annabeth was breaking. 

She ran her hand in Percy’s handsome jet-black hair, and lightly caressed his face. 

“Don’t leave me, okay? Promise?” 

Beep. 

Another heartbeat. Annabeth’s heart swelled with hope that Percy was still alive. 

“You stubborn seaweed brain.” she laughed. “I knew you wouldn’t die on me.” She lightly kissed his hand. 

Beep. 

Percy’s hand twitched slightly. A small smile was growing on Annabeth face. 

Beep.

His eyes opened as he sucked in a deep breath through the oxygen mask. He turned to Annabeth and smiled. 

“I promise.” 

AN: I'm sorry that this is short, I had to use this chapter to show you that Percy was still alive, okay? :P Anyways, please COMMENT below! :D Love you all xxx Thank you for reading!