Nico XXXII

It was the first time Nico has ever seen a god faint. 

Well, not really. 

Poseidon collapsed on a nearby chair when he saw Percy. 

“WHO DID THIS?” he bellowed. “WHO DID THIS TO PERCY?” 

Everyone shuffled their feet and looked at the ground, not daring to say anything. 

“Nico!” Poseidon shouted. Nico blinked.

“Yes? Lord Poseidon?” 

“Answer my question!” 

“Urm… it was… er… ah…”

“It was me.” 

Annabeth quietly raised her hand. 

Poseidon’s angry look on his face wavered. 

“Annabeth… why did you do it?” 

“I… I… Percy told me to…” Tears started to form in Annabeth’s eyes. “It was the only way to stop Kronos.” 

Poseidon gasped. 

“What else did he tell you?” he asked Annabeth urgently. Annabeth gulped. 

“Only if his girlfriend kill him, if she doesn’t, Kronos will not die.” 

Poseidon stroked his chin. 

“I see…” 

Apollo appeared. 

“Hey ho! Just found my first-aid kit, can’t believe I put it under the carpet. Okay! Let’s see…” he rubbed his hands eagerly as he walked towards Percy. 

Apollo suddenly paled. 

“Oh gods!” 

“What is it?” Poseidon asked immediately. Apollo immediately started pulling out bottles and some herbs. 

“He’s infected with greek fire! Gods, Will! Can’t you see? So obvious!” 

Annabeth paled. 

“Greek…Fire?” 

Will shifted his feet. 

“I’m sorry… father.” 

“Never mind, it's fine, son.” Apollo peered at Percy’s unconscious body. 

Poseidon slammed his fist on a nearby table. 

“I knew it!” he cursed. 

“Is…is there any chance?” Hazel said worriedly. 

Apollo bit his lip. 

“I’ll try my best. You all had better get out, except my children.” 

Everyone left the infirmary. 

“Piper…” Annabeth was trembling. “Do you think he’ll make it?” 

Piper blinked. 

“Annabeth, why don’t you go to sleep?” Piper said, using her charmspeak. Annabeth nodded drowsily and closed her eyes. 

“Piper, what if he doesn’t make it?” 

“Annabeth, just sleep.” 

“But…” Annabeth opened her eyes. “What if he had to die in order to destroy Kronos?” 

“It won’t happen.” Piper said, tears starting to form in her eyes. “I’m sure. Now sleep.” 

“If only you could charmspeak the fates to change Percy’s destiny…” Annabeth murmured, closing her eyes again. 

Piper sighed. 

Nico stared at the view of the beach. 

If only anyone knew, except Jason, what Nico felt… 

To lose a loved one… 

A tear rolled down Nico’s cheek. 

AN: I don't ship Perico, okay? It's that, well, Nico does have some feelings for Percy, so well, it's normal if a friend that you care *cough* love *cough* the most is dying, right? Heehee. And -_- It's not a cliffhanger. *cough* not considering that you don't really know what happened to Percy and Poseidon is plotting something. *cough* Happy? The next chapter will be updated shortly! Dun dun DUNN!!! :)