[Tiny Interlude No 6 (Final)] - The Interview

Laleh nervously fiddled with a loose end of her Hijab.
She had chosen a light blue today, with a light white floral pattern at the edges, that went well with her long sleeved top and jeans, but now she worried that it made her look too traditional.

She couldn't remember ever being this nervous before a simple job interview, and the way Paul fidgeted with his pen in the chair next to her told her he probably felt the same.
She took a swig of her coffee and put the cup down on a dusty pile of print-outs next to the oversized screen. In the back, Yolo and Rube were pretending to work at their projects, but Laleh doubted they would get anything done today, as they kept glancing up in their direction.

By the way everyone acted, one could almost think it was them who were to be interviewed, not the other way around.
But then, this was <C:tiarrel> they were talking about, and that guy was a living legend.

They hadn't even realized it at first, when the innocent looking application had come in.
While checking out his credentials however, Rube had recognized one of the attached files, that were meant to showcase the applicants skills, as the component of a programm by <C:tiarrel> he had seen discussed online.
He had called everyone over, all excited, and after minutely studying and verifying all of the other references, the four of them had just stood there for a moment, staring at each other in awe as they digested the fact, that a bona fide legend had just applied for a job at their small, insignificant company.

There really was no actual need for the interview at all - of course they would hire him! - but the e-mail had said, that due to a paralized lower body, aswell as a host of serious allergies, the applicant was pretty much housebound, and would not be able to come into the office at all, but would work from home, and Laleh and the others were dying for a chance to as least skype with the man who was rumored to have pulled the famous 'Georgia-Stunt' all by himself.

Laleh was pulled back to the present by the chime of an incoming call. Her stomach doing flips from her sheer nervousness and excitement she accepted.

Her mouth dropped slightly, as the window with the video-feed opened in front of them.

Of course, you hoped, you always hoped, but..

While the stereotype for people in her field - namely, that you could expect to encounter mainly geeky, greasy-haired, overweight cellar-dwelling types - was certainly not generally true, with someone so entrenched in the virtual world, you simply couldn't help but expect..

Well, alright, he did seem to inhabit some sort of cellar or a garage maybe.

The room visible in the background was dark and looked rather dusty, with rough looking wooden furniture up against an unadorned concrete wall, strange tools, oddly shaped items and the odd bit of very thick cable lying about.
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary there, although something about it did look strangely.. familiar. Laleh filed the information away for later, too distracted to ponder it further.

Because even in her wildest imaginations..

Laleh simply hadn't been prepared at all for the face that greeted her and Paul on the screen.

'Damn', she thought, but the legendary <C:tiarell> was not only far younger looking than she had expected - somewhere in his mid-twenties at most- and incredibley fit, but with those striking features outlined by a short beard growing about his broad jawline and those amazing, long dreads bound back into a loose knot, he must be one of the most handsome men she had ever seen.

''Hello,'' he said simply.

''Oh! Er.. hi! Um..'', Laleh stuttered, before she finally managed to collect herself.

''Sorry'', she laughed, ''You're certainly not what I expected!''

He grinned in return, almost making her loose her composure yet again, but, trying hard to surpress the blush that started rising to her cheeks, Laleh bravely soldiered on.

''Well, I'm Laleh Ibm-Arif, and this is my colleague Paul Mills. If, what we surmised from your application is true, then we're thrilled to get to meet you, Mr. Rosenbaum!''

''Beyond thrilled!,'' Paul excitedly threw in. ''I've been a fan of yours for ages! I swear, we don't even get why you'd want to work here, but we'd love to have you on the team!''

Their exclamations were greeted with a laugh.

''Well, looks like my secret is out. And please, Dexter  will do, or Dex, if you like.''

When Laleh finally realized why the furniture in his room looked so familiar, her jaw dropped yet again, but luckily for her, she was spared from the eternal embarrassment of being too flustered to speak, by Paul's endless questions about Dexter's previous work and his fruitless attempts to get the young man to tell how he had managed some of the amazing things he was rumored to have done under his pseudonym.

=========================================
___________________________________________

Psst! If you liked the chapter, don't forget to let me know! ;)
I'd love a vote or a comment.

Hated the chapter?
Click the little angry star of complain- alright, alright.. ;D

I'd actually appreciate your feedback especially if you didn't like the chapter, as it might help me improve, so don't hesitate to drop me a line!
(I'm one of those rare creatures that can stand crticism ;3)

If you write yourself, you'll know that we all basically live on feedback, so type away!

FEED ME!

=========================================

____________________________________________